Should he stay not widely known to music, or should he become part of mainstream?

I say stay not widely known. he don't sell out this way.
Quote by genghisgandhi

That is all

genghisgandhi,thats quiet possably the smartest thing you have ever said and you have said alot of smart things
Mainstream fans will think

just because they're not used to weird people.

That said, I wouldn't mind if he were a bit more famous than he is now. Then again, he was in Guns N' Roses at one point...
He likes HIS music, so its all good. I hope he stays this way, and doesnt do it for marketing like most bands today.

1. The concept of "selling out" is fucking stupid.

2. Bands & Artists forum.

kthxbye
kill all humans
Quote by chaoticfables
Mainstream fans will think

just because they're not used to weird people.

This is exactly why there are no mainstream fans.

These idiots should all listen to Colma and Electric Tears though, that'd shut them up about the "OMGWTFONLYSHREDNOEMOTIONZ!" bull.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by chaoticfables
Then again, he was in Guns N' Roses at one point...

Everyone has been in Guns N' Roses at one point. Hell, you've probably been in Guns N' Roses at some point.

EDIT:

Also, this.

Quote by alaskan_ninja

1. The concept of "selling out" is fucking stupid.

2. Bands & Artists forum.

kthxbye

Also, this.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
People accept Lady Gaga and she's wierd as ****.
If BH became more mainstream, but didn't change his style of playing, I'd still like him.
I think if bucket honestly wanted to be in the mainstream he would. Kinda how John 5 plays for anyone and everyone he can possibly work with and adjusts his style accordingly. Buckethead only seems to truly do what interests him like Praxis, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, and GNR of course. I dont really see buckethead infiltrating the mainstream again, GNR and Guitar Hero were for publicity purposes i guess.
Buckethead doesn't seem the mainstream type, I think he's right where he wants to be
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Buckethead is too weird to be mainstream. There is like, one picture of him on the internet without the mask on. And thats like black and white.

That dedication sounds a bit too strong to be killed by money.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
I don't think anyone who wears a KFC bucket on his head and insists he was raised in a chicken coop ever planned on going into mainstream.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Everyone has been in Guns N' Roses at one point. Hell, you've probably been in Guns N' Roses at some point.

You have a point. Everyone's been fired by Axl Rose at one point during their lives.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This is exactly why there are no mainstream fans.

These idiots should all listen to Colma and Electric Tears though, that'd shut them up about the "OMGWTFONLYSHREDNOEMOTIONZ!" bull.

yes. when i listened to the electric tears album. i swear i could have cried. so beautiful. lots of emotion. i was pretty much speechless.
The whole point of buckethead is that he wears a mask and a KFC bucket on his head because he believes that it's not the image that matters but the music.

Because of this he has ended up writing some of the most beautiful music i know.

That is why most of us love him and also why we have no reason to fear that he will become mainstream.
Did you know he was almost playing for Ozzy, but because he showed up to rehearsal with his bucket on, and then a giant UFO hat on Ozzy told him to GTFO.
He's in a very good position where he's at right now. If he were to hit mainstream i doubt a dedicated person like him would change. Personally i love the guys music, and it has gotten him accomplished to a point of which i think he is just resting on a platform.

His could be mainstream, yes. but i think making that transition would be utterly pointless at the most.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
TS, are you saying that popular bands have sold out just because they have a large fan base? As for Buckethead, he should stay where he wants to be.
"I'm no professah!"
~Henry Rollins
Quote by \m/-Metallica
TS, are you saying that popular bands have sold out just because they have a large fan base? As for Buckethead, he should stay where he wants to be.

I meant by them changing their style to please the new people.

buckethead doesn't NEED to please anyone, but he pleases his true fans. probably why he won't go mainstream
hes definitely at a good spot now, he is big but not too big to be noticed by everything he does.
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!