Page 1 of 2
Ok so i want to get into guitar playing. I need something constructive to do since my mom cancelled my WOW subscription and since I have nothing to do while sitting around at home all day I figured getting into music would be great.

But im a kinda big guy(500lbs) and I dont want the guitar to look like a toy when I play it(I wanna impress the ladies).

I mostly listen to Death metal and Jrock so I want a guitar that can play both genres.

also I need an amp right? what kind should i get?

i also need to be able to order it online because getting out of the house can be a bit of a hassle.

Thanks in advanced.
your weight is unhealthy. i'm not trying to burn or flame you or anyone else for thier weight, but i think that's excessive.

On to your question, budget? how loud can you play?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Lets say around 700

also I can play as loud as i want pretty much my mom cant hear anything from the basement lol
Last edited by Fersnachi at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by Fersnachi
Lets say around 700

i'd say 300 on the guitar and 400 on the amp. Avoid line 6 spider three's, they are appealing at first but thier tone is pretty much all mid range.

you could look into a second hand jackson, ESP, Ibanez, and a good amp.

or you coudl spend 4-5 on the guitar and get a roland cube, which does distortion very well.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Pretty much all guitars are the same size. Some have "Jumbo" frets, which would be good if you have large fingers, but they don't vary much in overall body size. Perhaps you should look into getting into bass? That's fun too.

Edit: OK, I didn't take unusual body designs like the Jackson V into account. I also think that would be a good guitar for your needs.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Last edited by E_squared at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by Gundamnitpete
your weight is unhealthy. i'm not trying to burn or flame you or anyone else for thier weight, but i think that's excessive.

On to your question, budget? how loud can you play?

LOL
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
Yea thats what I'm thinking, if its an actual serious thread then sorry for the "LOL"
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Wow, obvious troll thread.

...... and why?
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Well for starters, unless you are under 18, why did your mom cancel your subscription? I'd suggest slapping the bitch and paying for a subscription yourself. But in all honesty, big guys usually play bass. I'd suggest that.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Not to sound mean, but If you have spare time you should work on your weight problem instead of sitting on your ass and playing guitar.
Guys this isnt a troll thread im just a guy thats in a rough place that wants to learn an instrument.

I guess playing bass might also be an option.

also im 23 so im not under 18...
Quote by Fersnachi
Ok so i want to get into guitar playing. I need something constructive to do since my mom cancelled my WOW subscription and since I have nothing to do while sitting around at home all day I figured getting into music would be great.

But im a kinda big guy(500lbs) and I dont want the guitar to look like a toy when I play it(I wanna impress the ladies).

I mostly listen to Death metal and Jrock so I want a guitar that can play both genres.

also I need an amp right? what kind should i get?

i also need to be able to order it online because getting out of the house can be a bit of a hassle.

Thanks in advanced.

LOL PWNED :P

Its probably for the best though ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

and i dont need anybody commenting on my weight. you cant tell me anything i dont already know.

Im working on the issue I just need something constructive to do.
Hey man I second the jackson v recommendation and the vypyr. YOu may want to try the brand new marshall mg series why'll i know for suggesting this some one will soon make a crushing overdrive joke from what I've seen the new models aren't half bad at all. At least alot better than the spider 3's
With all dew respect, your fingers might not fit between the frets ... save for the first 5.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

get a vox solid state in the $300 range theres a couple, and then use the rest of the money for the guitar at rondomusic.com, one major thing i recommend for a first guitar is one with out a tremolo system trust me a hard tailed guitar is so much less complicated, maintenance, and helps with an overall tone.
Quote by Fersnachi
Guys this isnt a troll thread im just a guy thats in a rough place that wants to learn an instrument.

Then how the hell is your mother canceling your subscription unless shes payin for it?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Just my two cents, I discourage you from getting a vypyr. Sure the effects were cool for like two hours, but the tone was god awful. I had to use it as a gig/practice amp for almost a month. Never again. I had to tinker with settings nonstop until I found a setting that didn't slay me. Besides, if I were you, I wouldn't get an amp just yet. Work on learning to play before scaring your neighbors and investing so much money.
I agree with the jackson King V and Cube amp. I've got an Jackson Js30rr, and it is a great beginner guitar IMHO.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
so you havent started to play yet but you joined the site in may of 2008?
I'd recommend most Flying V's. They are usually large guitars, and the weight of them has burned a few pounds off of me just from hauling it around in it's case. There are many various brands that have Flying V's, look for a brand that offers a one with jumbo fret's. This has nothing to do with weight or anything, but frankly, some people have big hands, and it is a bitch to hit the higher frets with such.

B.C Rich Kerry King Beast V

This is an example on the more pricey range, but most B.C Rich guitars are rather large, and have Jumbo Frets, that and a fair deal of metal musicians favor them.
Last edited by AlexSanteria at Nov 1, 2009,
I'd say get a baritone guitar possibly, or maybe a 7 string with a scale of about 26.5". Ibanez 7321's are pretty solid.

I'm curious, why did you join this forum in 2008 if only now you are considering playing guitar?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I'd suggest just focusing all your energy on losing weight rather than playing guitar.
Troll Fo So haha
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by Mutmoo
I'd suggest just focusing all your energy on losing weight rather than playing guitar.

I agree with this.

Honestly, I should be doing the same thing. I'm by no means morbidly obese but 6' 1" and 210 lbs isn't healthly unless you're muscular, which I'm not.

However, being able to play an instrument is a great stress reliever. I suggest spending $300 of your budget on guitar stuff and the other $400 on basic home fitness equipment (treadmill, free weights, a bike). Not to be a dick, just in the interest of a fellow human's personal well-being

Quote by Deep*Kick
I'm curious, why did you join this forum in 2008 if only now you are considering playing guitar?

My guess? Randomly stumbling upon The Pit.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Nov 1, 2009,
Go with the V, it has Jumbo frets and and the cool shape well get the ladies attention,and get a peavey valveking, the sound good but if you want it to sound heavier go with a Boss DS-1 for an extra 40
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Fersnachi

Hold on. This isn't a troll thread, yet you are an 08'er, are 500 pounds, can't get out of the house, are 23 years old, and still live with your mom who cancelled your WoW subscribtion. Im sorry, but that sounds alot like a troll thread.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
You could get a Dean ML. Those are huge guits.

...I was thinking any dean with those rediculously large headstocks...

Anyways a metal amp on a budget go for the Peavey Vypyr.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Page 1 of 2