Poll Options
View poll results: Which option?
A, A, A!
141 44%
B, B, B!
183 56%
Voters: 324.
Page 1 of 4
Hypothetically, it turns out Heaven exists and you are given the option of going there.

Here's your options.

a) Get to stay on Earth forever maintaining the same sort of existence you have now, not getting any better or any worse but living here forever. You will get to about 25 years old and you won't grow older. The Earth won't go into some global warming crisis, raise for oil crisis, WWIII, etc. You get the idea.

EDIT: You will be with your family on Earth who will live there forever with you, provided they make the same choice.

or!

b) You go to Heaven as normally given.

What do you choose?
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 1, 2009,
B, of course. I would hate living forever, All my friends and family would die, and I'm all alone by myself. That's no fun.

But then again, what have I got to lose? I have no friends.

B. I want to get better at things.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
B. I want to get better at things.

??
Quote by chaoticfables
B, of course. I would hate living forever, All my friends and family would die, and I'm all alone by myself. That's no fun.

But then again, what have I got to lose? I have no friends.

No, friends and family who choose a) will remain on Earth with you.
Quote by Craigo
No, friends and family who choose a) will remain on Earth with you.

That's even worse. That's for them to decide, not me.
Well, by definiton, Heaven is perfect. There is no sadness. B, obviously, since we're saying it exists.
Music.

PSN: JSniper-
Add me, and say you're from UG.

And yeah, I did make that name up when I was 13.
Quote by Craigo
??

From your OP I made the assumption that you said that if you choose to stay on Earth, you don't get any better at things, such as athletics, guitar, etc.
Quote by lolmnt
Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

I'd rather my existence cease altogether, although reincarnation would be cool too. Maybe I could come back as a cat.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
From your OP I made the assumption that you said that if you choose to stay on Earth, you don't get any better at things, such as athletics, guitar, etc.

I never implied such a thing.
Quote by Craigo
I never implied such a thing.

I didn't say you did, it just seemed like it. Option A sounds more tempting now.
Quote by lolmnt
I'd stay on hearth and convince my family to go to heaven (or most of them to hell which is most likely), then I'd never have to deal with em again.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
B, because Heaven is immortal anyways, no?
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Quote by neidnarb11890

I'd rather my existence cease altogether, although reincarnation would be cool too. Maybe I could come back as a cat.

from a human perspective heaven may seem "boring" but by definition it is infinite happiness. it's one of those things you can't describe...you just have to see it for yourself. irony is that once you see it there is no turning back to tell people about it.
stay on earth,
1)go to college to earn degree,
2)make money to go back to college and earn more degrees
3)enslave the human race
4)profit!!??
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
I believe that heaven will actually be on earth. If you die, you're in limbo until Christ comes back, much like the virgin and the bridegroom (Bridegroom visits woman, agrees with her father that they'll marry, then she waits for him to return so they can wed). If you live to see that day, you're taken to wherever that limbo is and then God radically changes the earth. We're made new, and life goes on but without all of the bad things that we have now. There'll be infinite learning and living in harmony

It's really hard for me to describe everything very well, I'm dog tired after working all freakin' day.
Quote by metalheadblues
b
earth is really beginning to suck
Beginning to? Ha, the world's been a hell hole for millennia.

But yes, I agree. There's so much hurt and pain in the world. I'd rather live in eternal happiness than live in a world full of pain and suffering.

That being said, the idea of ignoring the pain of the world and saying "screw you guys, I'm going to heaven" really irks me. I think living forever on Earth would be great because you could constantly improve yourself and help more and more people.

Back to the first point, regarding going to heaven, I don't know if I could handle the world for eternity. Plus in heaven I would get to meet my Heavenly Father.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
B, definitely...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by Craigo
Hypothetically, it turns out Heaven exists and you are given the option of going there.

Here's your options.

a) Get to stay on Earth forever maintaining the same sort of existence you have now, not getting any better or any worse but living here forever. You will get to about 25 years old and you won't grow older. The Earth won't go into some global warming crisis, raise for oil crisis, WWIII, etc. You get the idea.

EDIT: You will be with your family on Earth who will live there forever with you, provided they make the same choice.

or!

b) You go to Heaven as normally given.

What do you choose?

a) Provided I could continue to grow personally and spiritually as one would throughout the course of a normal life (minus physical/mental deterioration as you pointed out)

b) Otherwise
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
A without a doubt.

I'd love to stay on earth with my family and very close friends eternally so long as I can afford to pay rent on a house/apart,ent and pursue my own interests on the side. The whole concept of heaven isn't particuarly attractive to me.
Quote by neidnarb11890

Where'd you find this pearl of wisdom?

The other train of thought I have is that if I must die, I must also live, and if I don't have to die, will that cancel out my need to live? (I don't mean live in the literal sense, I mean making the most of things). If my actions weren't directed by the finity of my existence I'd probably sink into endless procrastination.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Heaven.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by Craigo
stay on Earth forever maintaining the same sort of existence you have now, not getting any better or any worse but living here forever. You will get to about 25 years old and you won't grow older.
Quote by Craigo
go to Heaven
Hard to say. You really haven't defined "Heaven". Immortality is no longer in contrast, though. Both Earth and Heaven now have that. As well as freedom from aging.

Still, I'd probably have to choose Heaven, even without knowing anything about it. Earth has a limit to size and natural resources. If people keep being born but no one dies, it's gonna get mighty crowded here, yeah?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
in heaven u can snap your fingers and you get everything you want. i hope

So it'll be heaven for me!
Sex is allowed in heaven isn't it?

None of this religious "you gotta be married" sh*t?

Because if there is a heaven, I'm tearing that motherf*cker down
A. I'd have a chance to do something good as opposed to just sitting in heaven.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by glam rocker
stay on earth,
1)go to college to earn degree,
2)make money to go back to college and earn more degrees
3)enslave the human race
4)profit!!??

*many years later*

So glam rocker, what did you major in?

"Everything!"
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Page 1 of 4