This is a very long term shopping list.
Anything you guys would reccamend over anything you see here?

Teh List -
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Marshall JVM410H Amp Head (100 Watts)
Marshall 1960B 4x12 Guitar Extension Cabinet Straight (300 Watts)

This would give me an awesome tone if what I hear is true.

Whutchya think.

EDIT: Reccamend an amp head for me to use until I get the JVM, as that will take years. Solid State preferably, and under 500 dollars. 50 - 100 watts.

Also since you couldnt apparently tell by my gear choice/checking out my band, im into Speed Metal / Death Metal.
Last edited by B.Renegades at Nov 1, 2009,
test out instruments and amps for yourself, and you've just started playing (judging from your gear and join date) so wait a bit before making a large shopping list choice.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
fender stratocasters volume control can be a piss off at times, when tremelo picking the bottom string you occasionaly hit it, or if your not paying attention while ur playing u can hit it.
Quote by Todd_Peterson
fender stratocasters volume control can be a piss off at times, when tremelo picking the bottom string you occasionaly hit it, or if your not paying attention while ur playing u can hit it.

O NO! A MINOR INCONVIENCE!

Well, better throw the entire idea of getting a great guitar at a low price.

EDIT: In all seriousness, my Ibanez is strat style and I'm fine with it.
Quote by SPBY
test out instruments and amps for yourself, and you've just started playing (judging from your gear and join date) so wait a bit before making a large shopping list choice.

Come Nov. 2nd it will have been exactly 7 months that I've been playing guitar.
Quote by Todd_Peterson

this sounds more like a technique problem

Quote by B.Renegades
Come Nov. 2nd it will have been exactly 7 months that I've been playing guitar.

yeah

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by B.Renegades
something wrong with that :/

what?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by B.Renegades
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS

While a stratocaster is obviously teh br0074LZ, id go for an American VG model if you can get one. (no longer being built but still availible) Its an American Standard Stratocaster (a step up from the one you picked out) with an onboard synthesizer capable of handling both tuning and pickup emulation. Its got incredible acoustic options but one of the options is also a HH setup which is decently thick and rich, its no schecter but it does the job. that should run around $900 or so compared to about $1100 for a standard american and $600 for an HSS mexi.

Oh and shouldnt it be Fender with Vox or Fender and Gibson with Marshall?
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
Quote by battlespud
While a stratocaster is obviously teh br0074LZ, id go for an American VG model if you can get one. (no longer being built but still availible) Its an American Standard Stratocaster (a step up from the one you picked out) with an onboard synthesizer capable of handling both tuning and pickup emulation. Its got incredible acoustic options but one of the options is also a HH setup which is decently thick and rich, its no schecter but it does the job. that should run around $900 or so compared to about $1100 for a standard american and $600 for an HSS mexi.

Oh and shouldnt it be Fender with Vox or Fender and Gibson with Marshall?

I'd rather not spend double the money to get almost exactly the same guitar, except made in America.

And whats wrong with fender with marshall?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yngwie_Malmsteen#Equipment
Umm. What the flap Jack are you thinking. You need to experiment and test out more than the generic Marshall (Marshall is still good, just sayin) line, and try a lot of guitars out before deciding on this list of yours. And in all honesty, seven months is too short a time for getting a whole new rig, much less a marshall half stack. If you are just that well off as far as money goes and are obsessed with guitar as I am then I understand, but even so, experiment and try out tons of guitars. I waited like 2 years before deciding to upgrade to a better guitar so I could make an educated decidsion on the matter, and another year for a decent amp. Just something to consider.
Quote by CL/\SH
Umm. What the flap Jack are you thinking. You need to experiment and test out more than the generic Marshall (Marshall is still good, just sayin) line, and try a lot of guitars out before deciding on this list of yours. And in all honesty, seven months is too short a time for getting a whole new rig, much less a marshall half stack. If you are just that well off as far as money goes and are obsessed with guitar as I am then I understand, but even so, experiment and try out tons of guitars. I waited like 2 years before deciding to upgrade to a better guitar so I could make an educated decidsion on the matter, and another year for a decent amp. Just something to consider.

I havent tried out the head myself, but have tested the Guitar (well, not the HSS model, but the SSS model, cant be TOO different) and Cabinet. Like 'em both. Heard the hed was beast, figured id start saving.
You all seem to agree the JVM is to pricey, so tell me, what is a good amp to get until then?

Req.

Under 500 $
Solid State
50 - 100 Watt
Quote by B.Renegades
I'd rather not spend double the money to get almost exactly the same guitar, except made in America.

And whats wrong with fender with marshall?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yngwie_Malmsteen#Equipment

Exactly same guitar, really? The mexican strats now carry a roland synthesizer? thats new.

You wanted an HSS, im telling you to save money and buy something more versatile and of better quality than a mexican fender. And a 100 watt solid state will probably kill kittens, shatter windows and kill with its horrific sound. *thinks of a 100 watt line six spider*

EDIT:
And maybe you should post what genres your in so we actually know the tone your aiming for? You wouldnt buy a martin dreadnought for shredding... or would you....
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120
Last edited by battlespud at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by battlespud
Exactly same guitar, really? The mexican strats now carry a roland synthesizer? thats new.

You wanted an HSS, im telling you to save money and buy something more versatile and of better quality than a mexican fender. And a 100 watt solid state will probably kill kittens, shatter windows and kill with its horrific sound. *thinks of a 100 watt line six spider*

I dont need a roland synthesizer.

Thats like if you baught a house in Mocha just to buy a house in Mocha.

Or if you bought a house that had a hot tub that you never used, just because it has a hot tub.

I dont pay extra for features I dont need.

Stupid american asshole...

Also, like I said, this is very long term. By that I mean 2-5 years, which by then my band might be playing bigger shows at larger venues. Like I said for now the Marshall MG30FX i have right now is loud enough for the small shows we do.
Quote by battlespud

EDIT:
And maybe you should post what genres your in so we actually know the tone your aiming for? You wouldnt buy a martin dreadnought for shredding... or would you....

Juding by the fact that im using Marshall amps and my band page says "Speed Metal / Death Metal", I would guess that im into Speed Metal / Death Metal.
Quote by battlespud

EDIT:

Now that would be scary lol

like I said before, experiment with tons of different things since this will be your second guitar/amp. Everyone said to me the Peavey Vypyr was beast. Wrong. Do things for yourself and check out what feels and sounds best to YOU. And like battlespud said, it would help if we knew exactly what genres your doing.
Quote by CL/\SH
Now that would be scary lol

like I said before, experiment with tons of different things since this will be your second guitar/amp. Everyone said to me the Peavey Vypyr was beast. Wrong. Do things for yourself and check out what feels and sounds best to YOU. And like battlespud said, it would help if we knew exactly what genres your doing.

Would it kill you guys to read a little bit?

It says directly on my band page that im into Speed Core, and the fact that I use an IBANEZ suggests that im into some kind of Heavy Metal or Hard Rock.
Quote by B.Renegades
I dont need a roland synthesizer.

Thats like if you baught a house in Mocha just to buy a house in Mocha.

Or if you bought a house that had a hot tub that you never used, just because it has a hot tub.

I dont pay extra for features I dont need.

Also, like I said, this is very long term. By that I mean 2-5 years, which by then my band might be playing bigger shows at larger venues. Like I said for now the Marshall MG30FX i have right now is loud enough for the small shows we do.

Thats cute.

Birthday : February 22, 1995
How ironic
Now please correct that to "Stupid Suburban New Yorker Asshole."

There is absolutely no point in picking out an amp for a future situation that may or may not come true especially when its more than possible that in that period of time new amps may be released, technology may shift or your styles might change.

Get a decent guitar now
oO is that your ibanez?
(Invalid img)
byeeeee
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120
Quote by battlespud
Thats cute.

Birthday : February 22, 1995
How ironic
Now please correct that to "Stupid Suburban New Yorker Asshole."

There is absolutely no point in picking out an amp for a future situation that may or may not come true especially when its more than possible that in that period of time new amps may be released, technology may shift or your styles might change.

Get a decent guitar now
oO is that your ibanez?
(Invalid img)
byeeeee

wtf...
Ill explain it line by line
Intro: stuff from yoru profile, i did skim yoru band page just not thoroughly
Your calling me an american asshole yet you yourself are american
I then correct you.
Next is actual legitimate info

I close with a pic of an Rg120 and a suggestion for a new guitar
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120
Quote by battlespud

Your calling me an american asshole yet you yourself are american

Which by definition makes me a...
I wanna edit but I'm lazy. But just because that is what your band does, doesn't mean it's what you do. I'm in a punk band, but play blues and classic rock among other things. My freind is in a screamo/power pop band, but plays pretty much everything. But since you seem to have your mind made up, I'm not sure what you want. Anything in my experience can work for death/speed/whatever metal, as when the gain and distortion is up that high the only thing that matters is quality not versatility. An example is that my Les Paul and my freinds Schecter of equal value sound pretty much the same whenever we jam, on the same amp with the gain and dist. way up thar. The only time the difference is truly audible is we play on different amps, or if we play at less extreme settings. I'm no expert on metal, but when we shred just for kicks it doesn't matter much to me anyways.
Quote by holycow
dont waste ur money on a solide state head. u can get a tube combo for around $500 which will be miles better than a solide state head.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582106

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Tube-Amp?sku=482912

Good idea reccamend two amps of the same brand...

I kind of have a preference towards marshall/randall amps
I don't think anybody is gonna want to help you if you keep insulting anyone who tries to give advice. But you're an American, so you should know this. Oh wait.
Stupid american asshole? Because he's trying to give you a recommendation which you asked for, that might actually sound okay? Oh, shit, now we're getting into complicated things. Completely overlooking the H-H comment, which is generally used in rock and metal. But we're assholes, don't listen to us.

Fender + Marshall = Death Metal.

Following your logic, Broom + Que Tip = Jesus.

Look. Fenders were made to be clear and resonant. They aren't built for aggressive playing, and neither are their pickups. Marshalls, I'm not going to disagree for the sheer fact that if it's not a marshall, it's a piece of shit. That's the mindset of the typical consumer ***** who has no idea what the hell he's talking about. The JVM is a nice amp head, but ridiculously overpriced simply because a bunch of stars used it before. But if you think you can go Kerry King with a marshall and a fender, have fun buddy.

Stupid non-american asshole.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by B.Renegades
Good idea reccamend two amps of the same brand...

I kind of have a preference towards marshall/randall amps

so u care about the brand name and not the tone? noob

this might be good but i never tried it
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-G3-Plus-Series-RH150G3PLUS-150W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481691

oh also check out the marshall mg100hfx. its a marshall so it must be the best amp in the world.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by SPBY
this sounds more like a technique problem

Depends on how you have your right hand with it being curled or fingers pointing out. Now if were to have them pointing outwards and were to palm mute then you may occasionally run into a problem with the volume control.

Quote by holycow
so u care about the brand name and not the tone? noob

this might be good but i never tried it
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-G3-Plus-Series-RH150G3PLUS-150W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481691

oh also check out the marshall mg100hfx. its a marshall so it must be the best amp in the world.

Calm down there, he has a preference he never said he was solely looking into buying marshall or randall amps.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Nov 1, 2009,
No one should even bother trying to help you out since you've been such an asshole.
Just because you have an ibanez does not mean you "obviously" play metal, and no one here cares about your band so they wont be checking that out. You've shot down every recommendation that anyone has made, so go ahead and buy what you want.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Okay kid (judging by your posts) you need to seriously get your head out of your ass and actually read what these guys are typing instead of jumping down everyone's throat if you want to get any responses. Until then read this post and think about what you've actually written and how much of a prick you've made yourself sounded.

Quote by B.Renegades
I havent tried out the head myself, but have tested the Guitar (well, not the HSS model, but the SSS model, cant be TOO different) and Cabinet. Like 'em both. Heard the hed was beast, figured id start saving.

As in you heard someone say the head was the best or you tried it yourself and heard the head was the best? IMO Reviews =/= factual evidence, of course some reviews are useful but most of the time I have different opinions and so do other people.

Quote by B.Renegades
You all seem to agree the JVM is to pricey, so tell me, what is a good amp to get until then?

Req.

Under 500 $
Solid State
50 - 100 Watt

Any reason for only using solid state amps? Your budget does tend to open you up to a few tube amplifiers obviously nothing like a Mesa of course.

Quote by B.Renegades

Judging by your posts

Quote by B.Renegades
It says directly on my band page that im into Speed Core, and the fact that I use an IBANEZ suggests that im into some kind of Heavy Metal or Hard Rock.

Ah yes that's right I forgot Pat Metheny, George benson, and Andy Timmons all released heavy metal albums.
OK, first of all TS, calm the **** down.

Second, you DO NOT WANT A STRAT for br00tz, they're not really too great for that. Try some LTD's, some Schecters, or a better Ibanez.

Third, you do NOT need a 100 watt half stack. Tube amps sound better when they're running hot-which you will NOT be able to do at home without complaints.

Look for something around 30-50 watts as a combo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Right, where to start?

Ok, you've been playing seven months ... If I'm wrong I will apologise but I'm going to go ahead and guess that you're not a virtuoso and that like the majority of guitarists playing for 7 months you still don't know the difference between a good and bad guitar other than price and that you really don't have an ear for tone as yet.

Right now I don't see that you actually need anything more than you've got so really any reccomendation is going to be a waste of money for you, especially given that as your playing and ear for tone develop (along with you're knowledge of products which seems poor from what you've said) chances are you're going to want something very different from what you think you want now.

Everyone's been there when they start out, but the fact you don't seem to know there's a big difference between mexican and american strats ... or that malmsteen's strat isn't exactly a common model suggest that you need to look into your choices with a little more detail in mind.

The kindof music you want to play (even though at 7 months I doub't you're massivly capable of it) no matter what amp you go for a Strat even with an HSS config really isn't going to be the best choice for you, try looking into the bands who influenced you and I'll bet you wont find many of them who use strats.

I'd suggest sticking with the gear you have now and developing your playing, no matter how much you want it to, new gear will still only let you do what you do now ... it won't help your playing untill you do.

If you're really determined to upgrade your gear at this point I'd suggest saving and going for gear you can grow into, a higher end ibanez and a MESA style amp will suit the sounds you want better than a lower end fender and a Marshall will.

Tube or Solid state of course comes down to preference but again for the kindof music you want to play I'd suggest a high gain tube amp over a solid state amp.

Hope you find what you're looking for in the end but I wouldn't rush into buying something (especially without trying it out .. word of mouth is never enough) otherwise you'll just end up regretting it down the line when you want to branch out and find that you can't.

Remember, when it comes to gear, especially if you wan't to gig with it which it seems to do (wether you're ready or not aside) mistakes are expensive so try not to make them in the first place and you'll save yourself money and greif.

The last thing I'll say regards the forums and that's not to react the way you do to people when they tell you something that isn't exactly what you want to hear.

While some of the guys on this forum know so little it's embarrasing there are a lot of members here with a great deal of experience ... and a great deal more knowledge than you have at this point in your playing life.

Take on board what they say and back it up by doing your own research otherwise you'll find when you need help from them that they wont bother giving it and you'll be left in the dark to make those expensive mistakes again.

Good luck.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Nov 1, 2009,