I'm wondering which model comes with one. I'm not looking to buy a custom shop one for $2,000. I'm sure the lower end models are nice.
I currently have a Mex strat with modern c neck. I was in the neighborhood of GC the other day, so I figured I'd stop in and try one of these strats from the fuss I've heard. I was suprised by the difference of the V neck to the modern C.

I'm curious as to which lower end strat models come with this neck.
You could get an aftermarket V neck and put it on your current Strat.

Unless you're itching for a new guitar.
I believe the Classic 50's and Classic Player 50's strats both have the soft V shape. Of course various artist models have it, most notably the Clapton model. There is also the American Deluxe V-neck and there are the American Vintage range.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You could try the Classic Player 50s model; it has American 57/62 pickups, a 2 point Custom Shop, I think, bridge (which you don't get on that many Mexican models), Gotoh locking tuners and stuff like that.

It's a little less vintage correct, but I'd say it's worth it
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The Jimmie Vaughan Sig. strat has a soft-V (it's an MIM but still..), 9.5 radius as opposed to the '50s classic's only 7.5, if you prefer a slightly larger neck that is
Quote by hoochki
I'm wondering which model comes with one. I'm not looking to buy a custom shop one for $2,000. I'm sure the lower end models are nice.
I currently have a Mex strat with modern c neck. I was in the neighborhood of GC the other day, so I figured I'd stop in and try one of these strats from the fuss I've heard. I was suprised by the difference of the V neck to the modern C.

I'm curious as to which lower end strat models come with this neck.

EJ Strat (Soft V, Maple or Rosewood, 12" Radius)
EC strat (Soft V, 9.5" Radius)
American Vintage '57 (Soft V, 7.25")
Classic Player 50s (Soft V, 7.25"(?))

There are others, and you can get aftermarket necks. What would you consider a lower end? Do you have a specific budget and are you willing to go used?

The differences, atleast from what I've gathered, is the V neck is obviously thicker, but it's not like the baseball bat-esque U shape found in Vintage strats up until 1957. You also have to figure out if you're wanting the vintage radius (7.25") or a more modern radius (9.5", 12").
Quote by Lil Macker
You could try the Classic Player 50s model; it has American 57/62 pickups, a 2 point Custom Shop, I think, bridge (which you don't get on that many Mexican models), Gotoh locking tuners and stuff like that.

It's a little less vintage correct, but I'd say it's worth it

This this this. I had the classic 50s originally before switching to the classic player. Great guitar, wasn't a fan of the rounder radius on the classic 50s to be honest but both are good guitars.