I've got my MIM strat I bought for $100 about a month ago. I love the thing but I want a humbucker in it. And as I've never customized before I have no idea what kind to put in it or even where to get one. So I've picked out a pickguard with a spot for a humbucker in the bridge postion. I just need to know what kind to get.

(play rock, bon jovi, eighties music I like lotsa distortion and harmonics)

I appreciate it!

Colton
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
SH-15 is a cool pickup - also consider an SH-6 - it's very harmonic-y.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ever consider a DiMarzio? An Evolution in the bridge could be pretty sweet...it's Steve Vai's choice so you know you could get quite a squeal out of 'em.

I kinda wish I had gone with DiMarzio's instead of the EMG's that I did...oh well, just another project I'll have to do...
Last edited by RicoTheBeast at Nov 1, 2009,
I was thinking that maybe until I've got the cash I could just cut a spot out myself in my current pickguard and throw in one of my duncans I have left over that were stock on my schecter temptest custom. It wouldn't be permanent, just so I can have a humbucker until I get one of those. It's gold and square so it wouldn't look that good but hey I'm all about the sound. Is this possible?

And then when I get a new humbucker I'd still have had to get a new pickguard anyways so its no big deal. No damage to the guitar.
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Last edited by colt34 at Nov 1, 2009,
It'll end up looking like this... I don't know if its a good idea though...

It'll work, but seeing as those are the "Duncan Designed" pickups, it won't be as nice as proper SDs. As long as you can solder and work a Dremel or a small jeweller's saw (or something to cut the PG), then you'll be fine.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
It'll work, but seeing as those are the "Duncan Designed" pickups, it won't be as nice as proper SDs. As long as you can solder and work a Dremel or a small jeweller's saw (or something to cut the PG), then you'll be fine.

I'm not planning on it being permanent. It'll just be better until I do what I really want with it.