Numero uno. I've heard great things about higher end Agiles, namely the AL-3100. I turn eighteen, November 7th. New guitar, yay. Looking for a LP copy, inspired by my friend Jack. Hes got an Epi LP Custom, $430 or so. Love it, hate the ones in the shop. They feel sticky and horrible compared to his. Makes me wanna cry. So, no go on the epiphones. But I've heard alot about Agiles, and theres an Agile AL-3000 in blue quilted maple, it makes me smile and I'll leave it at that. Here's my problem.

I've heard great things. Many great things. But aside from quality control, no horror stories. So now I'm really friggin' scared. It runs about $400 before shipping, but my parents will handle shipping. Not worried about that. What I'm asking: Do any of you have any BAD experiences with non-lemoned Agile AL-3000/3100s?

Numero dos. Said friend Jack has his Epi LP Custom. Against my recommendations, he's dead set on this, he wants to have EMG 81/85's. He was under the assumption he needs to have a power switch for them installed. Is this true or not? I was always under the assumption the circuit was activated and battery starts draining when a cord was plugged in. Please elaborate, would like to get guitar stuffs squared away as soon as possible! His alternative was to get an Agile Hawker and slap EMG's in those but the question still remains if it needs to have a power switch. He wanted to take one of the tone pots and have it soldered to double for both pickups and turn the other into a 2 way power switch.

Edit::: Definitely just realized I didn't mention the fact that I play mostly metal, but the true reasoning for me picking up a les paul copy is just the feel of it inspires me to go back to bluesy stuff. I'm tired of playing cookie cutter deathcore, and I want to learn true music. Still got my line 6 spider III but honestly, I'm satisfied with it. It does what I need it to do. I usually use three settings: Clean, which could be better, Red Insane face-melt distortion which I personally love, despite not being as heavy as it sounds like it would be, and Green Insane mid-boosted reverby-leadish.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Nov 1, 2009,
You're correct on your assumption of the EMG's. They do switch off when the cord is unplugged.

As for the Agile, I've dealt with Rondo before, and if your not happy with what you have, Kurt is great about returns. Just send it back. Most people that own a high end Agile swear by them. You shouldn't have any complaints. The high end Agiles are built much better than the Epiphones.
Quote by Ishiga
Numero dos. Said friend Jack has his Epi LP Custom. Against my recommendations, he's dead set on this, he wants to have EMG 81/85's. He was under the assumption he needs to have a power switch for them installed. Is this true or not? I was always under the assumption the circuit was activated and battery starts draining when a cord was plugged in. Please elaborate, would like to get guitar stuffs squared away as soon as possible! His alternative was to get an Agile Hawker and slap EMG's in those but the question still remains if it needs to have a power switch. He wanted to take one of the tone pots and have it soldered to double for both pickups and turn the other into a 2 way power switch.

No, you're right. The jack acts as the switch, as it's a stereo jack wired as a switch for the battery in addition to an output jack.
I suppose you COULD use an on/off switch to turn the pickups on and off, but it'd take a different diagram.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
your freind probably is planning on getting the keery king emgs with a gain boost switch but your right the jask is a switch
Quote by Ishiga
Numero uno. I've heard great things about higher end Agiles, namely the AL-3100. I turn eighteen, November 7th. New guitar, yay. Looking for a LP copy, inspired by my friend Jack. Hes got an Epi LP Custom, $430 or so. Love it, hate the ones in the shop. They feel sticky and horrible compared to his. Makes me wanna cry. So, no go on the epiphones. But I've heard alot about Agiles, and theres an Agile AL-3000 in blue quilted maple, it makes me smile and I'll leave it at that. Here's my problem.

I've heard great things. Many great things. But aside from quality control, no horror stories. So now I'm really friggin' scared. It runs about $400 before shipping, but my parents will handle shipping. Not worried about that. What I'm asking: Do any of you have any BAD experiences with non-lemoned Agile AL-3000/3100s?

Edit::: Definitely just realized I didn't mention the fact that I play mostly metal, but the true reasoning for me picking up a les paul copy is just the feel of it inspires me to go back to bluesy stuff. I'm tired of playing cookie cutter deathcore, and I want to learn true music. Still got my line 6 spider III but honestly, I'm satisfied with it. It does what I need it to do. I usually use three settings: Clean, which could be better, Red Insane face-melt distortion which I personally love, despite not being as heavy as it sounds like it would be, and Green Insane mid-boosted reverby-leadish.

ur gay.

the jack acts as a switch.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Much appreciated from both of you. I'll probably be placing my orders for my 3100 tomorrow then, Jack seemed excited when I told him he didn't need to bother adding a power switch. Just didn't want to blow smoke up his ass, you get the picture. He wants to slap EMG's in an Epi Les Paul Custom. The last thing I want him to do is screw his epi up by routing and changing pots out that don't need to be changed. Soldering's easy and can be fixed. Routing can't be undone.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
^If he thinks he needs to do routing for the battery then I don't think it's necessary the cavity on the Les Paul is sufficient imo.
Quote by Gundamnitpete
ur gay.

the jack acts as a switch.

All I've played the last year and a half is avenged sevenfold, Whitechapel, Killswitch Engage, and other hardcore shit. Nothing against it, but it's all the same. and it's freaking easy as hell. Chug chug 3noteriff chug pinchharmonic chug chug speedchugspeedchug.

I want to go back to older roots. Blues and bluegrass. Something with feeling in it.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
All I've played the last year and a half is avenged sevenfold, Whitechapel, Killswitch Engage, and other hardcore shit. Nothing against it, but it's all the same. and it's freaking easy as hell. Chug chug 3noteriff chug pinchharmonic chug chug speedchugspeedchug.

I want to go back to older roots. Blues and bluegrass. Something with feeling in it.

it's easy as hell because your playing bands that are easy to play.

also those bands aren't hardcore....
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by Gundamnitpete
it's easy as hell because your playing bands that are easy to play.

also those bands aren't hardcore....

Yeah. They are. Just because it's easy doesn't mean it isn't hardcore. It's a more aggressive version of punk, that's it.

I don't have the playing ability to play what I want to play, I can admit to that. In flames has some tricky stuff I'd love to be able to do, as well as older Children of Bodom, but I'm mainly just tired of playing other peoples' shit. I wanna make my own stuff up and to do that, I'm going to re-learn guitar the way I was originally supposed to. Through blues.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Yeah. They are. Just because it's easy doesn't mean it isn't hardcore. It's a more aggressive version of punk, that's it.

I don't have the playing ability to play what I want to play, I can admit to that. In flames has some tricky stuff I'd love to be able to do, as well as older Children of Bodom, but I'm mainly just tired of playing other peoples' shit. I wanna make my own stuff up and to do that, I'm going to re-learn guitar the way I was originally supposed to. Through blues.

ur gay.

It honestly sounds to me like your bored of rythme. join the club. If you can't play what you want to, than practice. ain't nothing wrong with blues, classic rock, jazz etc.etc. Matter of fact i'll be getting a 3100 soon to use with those styles.

but to say "it's all easy" or "it's all the same" when you can't even play it is pretty bold. and to say the why to learn guitar threw blues is absolutely absurd.

Each style is what it is, none is greater than another.

Hardcore is cannibal corpse older job for a cowboy, etc.etc.etc. KSE isn't exactly super hardcore these days. nothing against'em, just there are much more aggressive music available.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
ur gay.

It honestly sounds to me like your bored of rythme. join the club. If you can't play what you want to, than practice. ain't nothing wrong with blues, classic rock, jazz etc.etc. Matter of fact i'll be getting a 3100 soon to use with those styles.

but to say "it's all easy" or "it's all the same" when you can't even play it is pretty bold. and to say the why to learn guitar threw blues is absolutely absurd.

Each style is what it is, none is greater than another.

If each style is what it is, then quit calling me gay when your balls still haven't dropped. God I hate some of the little ****in kids on this site.

I can't play what I want to play. Did I ever say I wanted to play cookie cutter deathcore? aka KillWhitneyDead, The Red Chord, Whitechapel, etc.

Nope.

I wanna learn blues because it's a great way to get a feeling for your guitar, to be able to think a note and hit it blind folded.

And, uh, yeah. Deathcore is easy. It is all the same. You start with a scooped guitar, a shit ton of palm mutes, a ****ed up tempo, and somebody who can't write lyrics to save his life growling into a mic. There are so few talented deathcore bands out there, it's pathetic. I used to love it for the fact that it was all the same and it was all easy to play. But then it just got boring.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
If each style is what it is, then quit calling me gay when your balls still haven't dropped. God I hate some of the little ****in kids on this site.

Not everyone is young, and even you yourself don't have the balls to have your birthday on your profile, so don't talk shit until you prove yourself.

Quote by Ishiga
I can't play what I want to play. Did I ever say I wanted to play cookie cutter deathcore? aka KillWhitneyDead, The Red Chord, Whitechapel, etc.

Nope.

I wanna learn blues because it's a great way to get a feeling for your guitar, to be able to think a note and hit it blind folded.

Then learn to play what you want, don't tell us that we aren't letting you or any crap like that. Basically, even if you start on a different genre other than blues, and learn correctly from the ground up (ie: musical theory) you will be able to hit a not blindfolded anyways.

Quote by Ishiga
And, uh, yeah. Deathcore is easy. It is all the same. You start with a scooped guitar, a shit ton of palm mutes, a ****ed up tempo, and somebody who can't write lyrics to save his life growling into a mic. There are so few talented deathcore bands out there, it's pathetic. I used to love it for the fact that it was all the same and it was all easy to play. But then it just got boring.

Maybe thats what Deathcore is MEANT to be. Maybe its supposed to be like that, and it appeals to some people. Suddenly switching from deathcore to blues will take a lot of getting used to, but its your choice in the end.

And as a point to above, you can't call those bands hardcore, then say they are harder versions of punk. Thats a load of crock. Hardcore =/= punk.

/on topic

I do know a guy who has ordered a lot of Agiles from Rondo, and has had a Douglas from them too. I don't think he's had a 3100 but his experiences with all Agiles has been top notch in every category.
Woah. Why such a lack of /sg/?
Quote by one vision
Salads are good.
Quote by Ishiga

Nope.

i'm 20 homeboy, sounds like your getting offended. being offended is gay

if you truely think it's all the same and easy (which you yourself admitted it isn't), then you will come around once you learn more about how and why music is formed the way it is. I was merely pointing out that the problem isn't the style, but the bands your playing

and BTW if palm muting's all you got, i'd prolly play circles around ya just liek that 13 yearold on youtube would me.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by habsfan13
Not everyone is young, and even you yourself don't have the balls to have your birthday on your profile, so don't talk shit until you prove yourself.

Then learn to play what you want, don't tell us that we aren't letting you or any crap like that. Basically, even if you start on a different genre other than blues, and learn correctly from the ground up (ie: musical theory) you will be able to hit a not blindfolded anyways.

Maybe thats what Deathcore is MEANT to be. Maybe its supposed to be like that, and it appeals to some people. Suddenly switching from deathcore to blues will take a lot of getting used to, but its your choice in the end.

And as a point to above, you can't call those bands hardcore, then say they are harder versions of punk. Thats a load of crock. Hardcore =/= punk.

/on topic

I do know a guy who has ordered a lot of Agiles from Rondo, and has had a Douglas from them too. I don't think he's had a 3100 but his experiences with all Agiles has been top notch in every category.

November 7th, 1991.

I said I couldn't play what I wanted to play. Not saying nobody would let me. My playing ability is the only thing that wont. Just tired of Pete calling me a *** simply because I'm calling out deathcore for what it is; the R&B of metal; cookie cutter music. It's all the same. I used to be obsessed with it, so i understand the lifestyle. I take back the insults, that's me getting a little bit annoyed. Still, tired of the same old same old. Last thing I care about is that guys' approval. As far as hardcore goes, it originated with punk. Do the research. Nowadays it's psuedo-metal that doesn't want to be associated with the term Metal.

Good to know about the Agiles though, aside from that and the active pickup issue that's all I was asking for in the thread. Thanks again to those who actually contributed, and not so much to those who didn't.

[/end]
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
November 7th, 1991.

I said I couldn't play what I wanted to play. Not saying nobody would let me. My playing ability is the only thing that wont. Just tired of Pete calling me a *** simply because I'm calling out deathcore for what it is; the R&B of metal; cookie cutter music. It's all the same. I used to be obsessed with it, so i understand the lifestyle. I take back the insults, that's me getting a little bit annoyed. Still, tired of the same old same old. Last thing I care about is that guys' approval. As far as hardcore goes, it originated with punk. Do the research. Nowadays it's psuedo-metal that doesn't want to be associated with the term Metal.

Good to know about the Agiles though, aside from that and the active pickup issue that's all I was asking for in the thread. Thanks again to those who actually contributed, and not so much to those who didn't.

[/end]

Good to hear man. Feb 13 1991.

Good luck with the 3000/3100!
Woah. Why such a lack of /sg/?
Quote by one vision
Salads are good.
Haha. 91 ftw. Much appreciated man, take it easy. Will definitely have pics up here soon as I get it. Looking at the blue flamed maple 3000, the only difference between the 3000 and 3100 is the 3000 comes with abalone inlays, 3100 comes with mother of pearl. Their AL-spec comparison sheet is really handy, everything else between the two is exactly the same. The abalone brings the blue out better than the M O P anyway.

Well Im going to bed, it's already 4:30 AM. lol. night.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Enjoy your Agile. The 3100 will feel even better than the 3000. You might consider doing the PG mod to get those delicate tones.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Gundamnitpete
i'm 20 homeboy

And you have the maturity of a 2 year old.

The guy came here and asked a legit question. If you can't give him any answer except your juvenile bull, then leave the answering up to someone who knows what they are talking about.

At some point in your life your going to have to grow up and act your age. Just because your 20, don't mean shit when you act like you are 5.