Is this any good? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sterling-by-Music-Man-JP50-Electric-Guitar-105614069-i1443096.gc

It seems PERFECT for me, and here's why:
- Floating trem that's not locking (but has locking tuners)
- Cool look that's not overcomplicated
- Relatively thin neck (I like most necks, as long as they're not Schecter-thick)
- Great for most genres

Only thing is, I can't try this thing out. However, from what i've read, it seems perfect (for me). I have a Line 6 Spider III and since almost everything sounds the same through it, I'm not too worried about the pick-ups yet.

tl;dr -- I would like some opinions on the tremolo, neck, and versatility. Budget: $600 Styles: Metal (mainly, but play mostly everything [even jazz])

Thanks for all answers!
where did you get a floating trem off that page?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
looked up some reviews/forums and someone who owned it mentioned that it was floating.
It says it's just a tremolo bridge. Sounds to me like it's not a floating bridge. You would be able to do small dives but no EVH stuff and no pull ups. Go with the ibanez s series
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Its just a standard 2 point trem like used on a strat.

You're paying almost $600 for a cheap knockoff with a guitar players name on it, when you could take that $600 and buy you a nice axe.

I agree that the Ibanez S series would fit you well. There are plenty of other options as well though. But don't pay big bucks for something just because of a name.
Just read a review of it (http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65008) where the trem is yet again mentioned as floating. Though in quotes, so it probably only slightly lifts. But the review was very positive.

I already said, I do not want the S series as I do not want to deal with the floating trem. I'm too impatient for it, and I change tunings too much.
if you don't wanna fork out for a full floating trem, I suggest a hardtail.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by ABRfan
Just read a review of it (http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65008) where the trem is yet again mentioned as floating. Though in quotes, so it probably only slightly lifts. But the review was very positive.

I already said, I do not want the S series as I do not want to deal with the floating trem. I'm too impatient for it, and I change tunings too much.

You're going to run into that same problem (of changing tuning) with the JP50 then. Although it will be too a minor extent you'll still need to mess with the trem claw to get the bridge to be parallel every time you change tunings.
As far as I know, the Sterling JP model is a somewhat stripped-down version of the Music Man John Petrucci. It's made overseas and lacks some of the frills in order to keep the costs down. It doesn't have the DiMarzio pickups, the dual output jacks, the compensated nut or the Music Man tremolo system. I believe that the tremolo is a variation on the current Fender tremolo. It won't be as fluid as the Music Man tremolo, but it should serve you well as long as you aren't into insane acrobatics with it. I believe it retains the neck radius of the expensive Music Man model.

I haven't played it, but if the build quality is the same as the Sterling versions of the Music Man basses that were recently introduced, it will be a very nice instrument. You may decide to swap the pickups later on; particularly if you are looking for Petrucci's sound from the guitar.
Have you tried looking up reviews on harmony-central? They've been generally pretty dead-on for whatever I've looked up there.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.