Hey everybody can any of you give me some information.

I've got a vox pathfinder 15r, it's a solid state(I'm pretty sure it is) and i dont like the boost/overdrive/whatever channel. Can you tell me if i should bother getting a distorition pedal, what type and if there is a difference with pedals going through a tube or solid state amp. I was thinkin of getting a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. What do you think?
I haven't played a pathfinder, but if its Solid state I would seriously suggest you simply buy a better amp, very rare to get a good 15 watt SS amp, and the pedal won't help very much at all.

In my experience Tube beats the living day lights out of most SS amps, the distorition is trhicker, fuller and more pleasing to the ear, and the cleans are better too. BUT they are very expensive.
Hey mate,
What sort of music do you like to play (bands would be a massive help)?
Stay away from the DS-1, less its moded its a pretty average pedal
Do you have a budget we can work with to see the best result we could get you?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Type of music would probably be rock and metal.

Metallica, rage against the machine, ACDC, Black Label Society to name a few.

My budget is $100 Aussie dollars.
Thats a tough one man...

ummm, just playing in your bedroom? Best thing a can reccomend you is a secondhand Peavey Vypyr, should be able to find a 15 watt one for 100... but if you can stretch your budget a little more:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Peavey-VYPYR-30-Watt-Digital-Modeling-Amp-Like-new_W0QQitemZ170398741992QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Amplifiers?hash=item27ac8e75e8
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Alfie Kaputz
Type of music would probably be rock and metal.

Metallica, rage against the machine, ACDC, Black Label Society to name a few.

My budget is $100 Aussie dollars.

Your not gonna get much for that ...

Try out the ds-1 on a pathfinder 15r at your local music shop and see if u like it...

There really isn't any other pedels you can try for 100 bucks other then cheap shit ones... You might be able to get something decent if you go used.

Otherwise save up for a new amp.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I think the DS-1 is the way for me. I've only been playing seriously for about a year now so i don't need anything proffesional. Thanks for the help