Last week I played with a basement show with this three piece powerviolence band. There was no bass player, just a guitar player, singer, and drummer. The guitar player was playing through what I think was some sort of 4x15" guitar half stack and an ampeg 8x10" stack. I'm pretty sure that both had separate heads, and i was just wondering if this is a unique thing or if there was a reason for this.
Sounds neat; maybe the reason he did that was to try to get a bass sound while playing guitar at the same time.
I think it would be interesting to hear, especially if there were really 15" speakers for the guitar when the 10" speakers were supposed to be 'bass'.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i'm just guessing about the size of the guitar amp. it looked to be about the same size as the one i use, but i didn't have it with me
Sounds cool. Was he using a baritone guitar too?

Guessing he was using one rig that replicated the general guitar frequencies well, and a separate bass rig to give everything a bit more low-end punch.
it looked like he was just using a regular guitar, i didn't get a good look at it though. i wish i had a chance to ask him about it, but he disappeared after his set
Quote by kyle62
Guessing he was using one rig that replicated the general guitar frequencies well, and a separate bass rig to give everything a bit more low-end punch.

Yep, that's right. It's a pretty good idea to do this if you want a more round guitar sound and if you want to fill out the frequency spectrum slightly more.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.