hey all, just finished my refurb project on this 1992 Washburn. Bought her for $40 and she was in a real sad state. Done a refret on her, she had a crummy see through pickguard that was broken, so I made a new one from black perspex with a sparkle in it, put in seymour duncan pups that I had lying around, put in new locknut, finished the setup yesterday and now she is BACK in all her former glory!

All im waiting on now is my gold vol and tone knobs to match the hardware

without further ado...

here she is making her comeback

got another burny after selling my Nuno!
Last edited by guidothepimmp at Nov 1, 2009,
before the refret she was unplayable. action was to high, frets were all over the place. after the refret, the fingerboard was skimmed a bit to clean her up, the frets are jumbo stainless steel frets polished good n proper, the action now is as good as any of my other guitars, nice n low and ultra playable, very comfy neck, smooth feel... very nice, it was a nice turnaround
What model is that? I know it's a Mercury; do you have a number?
Looks fantastic, and for only $40!

EDIT: Looks like a 70 on the truss rod. Nice!
Last edited by Baby Joel at Nov 1, 2009,
dayum that is one nice washburn. great top.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Baby Joel
What model is that? I know it's a Mercury; do you have a number?
Looks fantastic, and for only $40!

EDIT: Looks like a 70 on the truss rod. Nice!

yeah man, spot on, MG70
Quote by gregs1020
dayum that is one nice washburn. great top.

yeah i am very happy with how she turned out, i really enjoyed this project
I've been searching for one of those for ages, but they're fairly rare in the UK. The only time I've seen them is when i don't have money.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
lol, yeah they are helluva rare here too (south africa) so when I saw it for as cheap as it was, i thought id jump on it and fix her up. I love doing that sort of thing anyways