Page 1 of 2
Hey guys.

So basically my rhythm guitarist sucks. He can't Alternate pick, or play anything other than chords and sucks at the shit he thinks he plays well.

He never practices the shit i tell him to. ATM we only cover songs but next year we are going to lay down some ideas so we can enter battle of the bands. He claims the songs we play 'suck' and only wants to play shit like iron man (eesh), and is only interested in songs with decent rhythm parts.

I just need to know how to tell him we don't want him anymore. Because we're sick of it. We've given him chances.

cheers.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Haha, did you make this thread after posting in the "bandmates letting you down" thread?

Call him names until he stops showing up.
Quote by Oroborous
Haha, did you make this thread after posting in the "bandmates letting you down" thread?

Call him names until he stops showing up.

yep, that's pretty much what gave me the idea.

the thing is, he's pretty cool. it's just when it comes to guitar, he sucks and is an asshole.
Quote by Mad Marius
Say GTFO

/thread

But serious i have had the same problem a lot, just tell them that you can't play the music they want to do. Try not to mention how crap they are
Quote by TheQuailman
So I was sneaking up on that girl with that rag and some chloroform...

Quote by Oh Shize
Tell her to get back in the kitchen.

SAVE GIBSON
Quote by PedgyPirate
"Go away you suck"
That works. Good way to get rid of an annoying girlfriend too

EDIT: Do it Dave Mustaine/Metallica style. Drop him off at a bus stop
Last edited by Oroborous at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by Geo Rules
Say GTFO. Try not to mention how crap they are

I've hinted to him about doing this before. The other day when he bad mouthed one of the songs we are doing i said "do you want to ****ing play for us or not?"

I think he caught on.

I HOPE he caught on
Quote by Mad Marius
Kiss him.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by SOADriff
I've hinted to him about doing this before. The other day when he bad mouthed one of the songs we are doing i said "do you want to ****ing play for us or not?"

I think he caught on.

I HOPE he caught on

Advertise for a new rhythm guitarist and hope he see's the advertisements :P
Quote by TheQuailman
So I was sneaking up on that girl with that rag and some chloroform...

Quote by Oh Shize
Tell her to get back in the kitchen.

SAVE GIBSON
The longer you wait, the harder it will get. good luck!
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
you can try cutting off his right hand when he sleeps.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...

This, just replace "internets" with "band"
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Nov 1, 2009,
Say that your musical styles clash too much and that musically you cant get along

That^^ or Murder

Well not really but good luck
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
Quote by Mr Pringle

I think you've been watching too much saw...

i like it!
Quote by Mad Marius
Quote by Mr Pringle

Hmmm I think it'd be funnier watching him try to play... pretty much anything without his left index
Gear:

Epiphone 1966 Ltd. SG
Epiphone SG G-400 (RIP)
Yamaha C310P
Kustom Quad DFX100
Roland Microcube (... I use it as an ipod speaker now XD)
Boss Ns-2 Noise suppressor
Boss Md-2 Mega distortion
Boss Dn-2 Dyna Drive
Vox V847 Wah
Just tell him the deal. If he doesn't want to contribute any more, then he knows where to go...
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Quote by SOADriff
Hey guys.

So basically my rhythm guitarist sucks. He can't Alternate pick, or play anything other than chords and sucks at the shit he thinks he plays well.

Isn't this a good thing? Like something is bad at being bad at something
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The Godfather-style: Cut off the neck of his guitar and stick it in his bed while he's asleep.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Get a new rhythm guitarist without him knowing, go to his house and have sex with the new rhythm guitarist. Wait for him to get home and catch the both of you in his bed and say "Oh god, I'm so sorry! **** I... I... This is our new Rhythm Guitarist... Hope you're alright"
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Just tell him to leave.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
"excuse me but we are no longer comfortable with you in the band"
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Give him a bus ticket to his home town, watch him make a band better than yours.
DeVillains!
if he's terrible do what my band did a few months ago to our old rhythm guitarist.

say he needs to take a break to work on his technical ability (or something along those lines). and replace him quickly so he can't come back whining for the spot.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Maybe find another rhythm guitarist, and have them both play, and say it's just based on the other guitarist having more experience.
"listen motherfucker, I'd get out of the band if I were you. Word on the street is chairman meow is after you and you could be sentenced to HARD LABOUR if you don't escape."
Dude, just tell him that he has to be able to learn a song in any given timeframe. Like 'dude, we need to learn song A next week and the rest of the band is going to work hard on it.' If the week thereafter he isn't able to play it, tell him to really study it as the rest of the band also put effort into being able to play the song. Give him one more week, if he then fails to do it, tell him that you have to move on without him.
Quote by SOADriff

He never practices the shit i tell him to. ATM we only cover songs but next year we are going to lay down some ideas so we can enter battle of the bands.
cheers.

THis bit is true for me. Unfortunately his mum manages to get us gigs at some good places. ANd he's a cool guy.
Just overestimates his guitar ability :/

Dunno how i'd go about kickin' em out though
I wanted to get rid of my singer so I told the others. They agreed so we broke the band up then reformed it under a new name about a month later with 3/5 members.

There's no nice way of kicking someone out
Do what I did with my drummer. Start covering technically difficult songs, things he could never even dream of doing properly. Then either wait for him to leave in despair or say, "You're not the kind of guitarist we're looking for, come back when you have hands"
🙈 🙉 🙊
Man just tell him face too face instead of being a poor/Weak band leader talking behind his back.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I'm amazed at all the conniving ways people use to deal with these things..

Just tell him. He probably knows how it is, just won't face up to it. Even if this isn't true, still, just tell him, don't be a douche and go through useless extra trouble for everyone involved.

Edit: Beaten to it, I see.
Just get Pete Townshend to turn up to one of your practises and play rhythm for you instead?
Quote by SOADriff
Hey guys.

He never practices the shit i tell him to. ATM we only cover songs but next year we are going to lay down some ideas so we can enter battle of the bands. He claims the songs we play 'suck' and only wants to play shit like iron man (eesh), and is only interested in songs with decent rhythm parts.

I just need to know how to tell him we don't want him anymore. Because we're sick of it. We've given him chances.

cheers.

nothing wrong with Iron Man!

anyway, just tell him to GTFO. You CAN'T kick him out of the band and stay friends - trust me, I know! Also, I can kind of understand a rhythm guitarist only wanting to play songs with good rhythm parts....
Also, bear in mind - you seem to like this guy. Maybe with a bit of tutoring he could become a good guitarist - I've always thought that I'd prefer to be in a band with friends than a group of incredible musicians I've never met. Teach him, do extra practice with him, and mould him into the rhythm guitarist you want!
Last edited by SwampAshSpecial at Nov 1, 2009,
I suck at learning covers too. when you make your own stuff, it kind of forces you to drop things down to your level and you kind of have to know the stuff you're composing. if he still fails miserably after composing stuff himself, tell him. straight out. and you won't be friends after, trust me.
Have you ever though that he can't play the stuff you tell him to learn because he hasn't enough skill.
Instead of kicking him out, support him and help him advance.

But if you really want to kick him out, just say:
"Sorry, we've got nothing against you, it's just your guitar playing is slowing the band down and we need you to either get your act together so we can progress or you can leave for us to progress" then end with saying "You're an awesome guy though "
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
gang up on him and threaten a beat down or what we always did, say the bands breaking up then reform in a week or 2 without him
Page 1 of 2