hi Guys
I have not played guitar in about a year, and now i really started to miss it.
But now i would like to learn blues. i would like to learn blues and latter on go over in slide as well.
I'm aiming for playing some of BB Kings songs, and Ry Cooder, specially the slide song from crossroad.
but i experienced that i need some more practice with the blues(i tried to learn the slide song from crossroad, and i simply can't get the sound right..)

so what I'm asking for is someone who can tell me a coble good blues song to start with? i play on the acoustic western by the way

Hope someone would like to help me a bit.

Regards Leonard
i will be happy to help out, ill post in the thread tommorow, im going to bed now.

bye!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Good blues to learn would be BB King ,Stevie Ray Vaughan ,Jimi Hendrix ,Eric Clapton ,John Lee Hooker and Robert Jonhson (Although Id say his finger picking blues style is quite hard)
The slide song in crossroads is done on a telecaster and through an amp so it will sound good ,he's also using a copper slide to get that sound.
It depends really ,if your learning blues on an acoustic ,look up fingerpicking blues.
Personally I think you could get a great ,strong blues sound from a stratocaster and an amp.
Learn basic 12 bar blues patterns in various keys. A lot of songs are based on these patterns. There are other patterns of course, but 12 bar blues is like the bread and butter of blues. A good example song is Sweet Home Chicago.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
ok to start off with, blues is more or less 12 bar, there are a few songs to this exeption (george thorogood, ry cooder, roadhouse blues-the doors) ect ect, so I suggest learning how to play 12 bar, in any key, (I, IV, V) then go on to learning how to solo over a 12 bar progression.as for the slide, I can't help there..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.