hi guys! I have a Boss DS-2 and I'm planning on buying a Boss BD-2 (for leads). Would it sound good if i combine it?
Guitars:

Squier Standard Telecaster
Takamine EG-240

Guitar Effects:

Korg AX5G Muti-Effects Pedal
Boss DS-2
Boss DD-7

Read and follow my tumblog

Follow me on twitter
im going with no...not even a little bit

you'd be better off getting a footswitch for your DS-2
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
My belief is that you should never put two different types of OD together... Especially stock Boss ones.
What amp do you use? Usually when you combine two distortion pedals you get a screaming mess of feedback (unless you're boosting an amp or w/e)
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

They'll be fine as long as you only use one on at a time. If you have both of them on at the same time it will sound like a horse's fart.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
im going with no...not even a little bit

you'd be better off getting a footswitch for your DS-2

actually there's probably a passable tone to be had. for example you could probably run the BD-2 as a slight boost into the DS-2, much like how i use a compressor with my DS-2.

however the footswitch is also an idea, as the DS-2 almost has a built in boost when used like that. trouble is, you have to use the same settings for both modes when you use a footswitch to change "channels" on the pedal, and i find that you have to use entirely different settings to get a good sound on each 'channel' and there isn't really a decent compromise...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Oh. Maybe I shouldn't combine it. I'll just use the DD-2 for rhythm and the BD-2 for leads.
I really like the sound of the BD-2, tried it a while ago and liked it.

When I was buying a pedal, I was choosing between the two. I kinda regret having the DD-2. The guy at the store was like not so good with handling the settings. Didn't know that it (dd-2) sounded great (well, for me). DARN DUDE AT THE GUITAR STORE!
Guitars:

Squier Standard Telecaster
Takamine EG-240

Guitar Effects:

Korg AX5G Muti-Effects Pedal
Boss DS-2
Boss DD-7

Read and follow my tumblog

Follow me on twitter