I nid help my guitar buzzes if i increase the tone or distortion.But the buzzing stops if i touch any screw on the guitar or the humbucker and also the screws on my amp. I have tried my guitar on another amp and it still buzzes .BTW i use a Yamaha Eg-112 guitar with a Laney Lg12 amp and an Ashton jack..I think its because of the grouding.How can i ground my guitar properly
got any experience with a soldering iron?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Is your eletrical socket grounded?? you should start there

you mean my amp socket ? its a two pin plug
Quote by gitz0212
you mean my amp socket ? its a two pin plug

Then I'm guessing you have a really cheap amp, and you can solder your amp and guitar what you want but you won't get rid of the buzz.

Buy an amp with grounding when you have the money
like said a 2 prong plug is going to buzz. but you can trouble shoot a little, so you can have a better idea of what's going on.

you dont want to get a new amp just to find the guitar buzzes thru that amp as well.

so, go to a shop and take your guitar and cable with you.
try your guitar through their amps and confirm that the guitar is buzz free.

so, outside the house, different amp different cable.

if it's buzz free then you're certain that a good next step would be to shop amps when you're ready to upgrade.

in the meantime, if it is the amp...
a quick fix is to take a wire, clip it to the bridge and run the other end to your waistband.
clip conductive wire to it and tuck it in, touching your skin and you'll be buzz free.

if you find that it IS the guitar that's buzzing. you'll want to start looking for the loose ground connection.

starting with the guitar's jack, then the wire that's supposed to be connected to metal in the trem cavity in the back of the guitar.

^take a hike.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 1, 2009,
pW
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011