http://www.myspace.com/ulalumemusic

So I finally learned how to scream pretty well. I decided to write some lyrics for an older song of mine and record my vocals over the song. I am pretty happy with how it came out. I remixed it now and it is sounding pretty decent.

Give me some feedback and leave a link and I will return the favor.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Last edited by Ulalume at Dec 11, 2009,
I liked the intro, very eerie and such, it might have been a little too long for my liking but that may just be me. The intro and the heavy bit maybe could have joined a little more smoothly, but once again, just my opinion. Should sound better with a better mix. Black metal isn't really my favourite music but the vocals were pretty good.

Czech out the song on my profile and tell me what you think

Wow that was awesome, very well orchestrated and the Black Metal itself was great, not too repetetive which i think is a downfall of some bands in the genre. Kept the sense of atmosphere well. Though the vocals were definately clipping a lot, but from what I heard, they're spot on too.

Could you give me some crit on mine, it's an epic folk black metal song, or at least, it will be when i finish. It's based off Elder Scrolls and i've recorded part of the intro, along with a speech by the emperor and i would like to know if it's any good before i carry it on. Thanks
Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming.

I must add watch this in high quality if possible. Some sounds are left out when you do not.

In addition the mix is extremely rough. Hell the vocals are just layered over every thing else and not even mixed nearly as well as they could be. To some degree it doesn't matter to much though, considering people who really like black metal will like the shitty sound. haha. I will keep in mind the comment about the drums. I know the bass is almost inaudible. Its a lot of noise. I suppose that is the atmosphere I was going for, though.

Anyways, thanks again! I will be commenting on all 3 of your songs soon.

Thanks for the crit =]

I'm liking the intro, however it seems a little long. It really does sound cool though.

When the vocals kick in, it feels a little to sudden. Maybe try adding a small drum fill or something? That also brings me into the mixing. The vocals are pretty good, as they are I can hear them clearly. But the drums are really hard to pick out and the guitar is about medium. If that makes sense. But nevertheless, guitars and drums need to be heard but not overpowering.

Other then that, no compliants. Good riffs, you have a great scream and good melodies.
Thanks for that additional comment.

I am reviving this because I have made substantial edits. If you want to check it out look on here: http://www.myspace.com/ulalumemusic

If you like it feel free to add me as a friend!

Hey, thanks for your crit.

I really liked the intro, builds up a lot of tension, and is both epic and eery at the same time. The first distorted riff is good, again with the nice sorrowful strings, but the transition from intro to this riff seemed a bit off...maybe have it slowly fade in or something?

Apart from that, no complaints, it's a good song, creates a great atmosphere.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Thanks for the comment. The only reason I maintain that same transition and have not edited it is because it kind of adds to the harshness of the black metal aspect. Some may not like it, but others will. I like to invoke a sense of unease into my music when it fits.

ARGH!!! I was spooked from the intro dude... nice job...
I always want a synth in my song.. it always make a song sounds epic....
well at least... that is what I think...

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239070