I play in hardcore punk abdn but with a little bit of metalcore influence. Think a mix of Have Heart/Verse mixed with newer Architects. I'm looking for a new guitar for under £450 that'd be good for these styles. I don't want anything too "metally" for example Ibanez, Jackson and stuff like that. So I was wondering if there was any ideas? I've got
two examples that i've looked into quite a lot.

Fender Tele Custom

and

Epiphone G400 w/ EMGs

But any other ideas would be a big help!
If you're looking for something not too metally, I wouldn't go with EMG's.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
um i think maybe u should get a strat or something like that maybe a v i dont know dont play alot of punk but i think that non active humbuckers and singel coils make the best punk sounds
GEAR
Epiphone SG G 400
Marshall JH-1
Peavy Vyper
Marshall MG 10
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Hartke A100
What amp is on the menu?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
At the moment, a shitty Crate Flexwave half stack, but gonna upgrade to a Bugera head soon hopefully
The Epiphone will do both metalcore and punk, if you get some decent passive humbuckers in there, duncans maybe?

EMGs wont sound too great for punk, but in all honesty, take the real punk attitude and play what you want.
Gotta agree with stud muffin. The epiphone will cover punk nicely (no EMG's, get some Duncans, perhaps the JB in the bridge and a 59' in the neck, it will really suit your needs assuming the metalcore influence isn't really that big of an influence, but even so, the JB/59' combo can still handle some heavier stuff. But like stud said, if you really don't give a damn and wanna do what you want (something I try to live by) seriously, do whatever you want. Although the EMG's are more for metalish type stuff.
You'd be much better off getting a Vintage SG and putting Irongear Hot Slags in it. Will be less than £300.
Or an Ellis LP and Hot Slags for around £350 Every pound saved is one more towards that amp.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

yeah man good point i shouldn't care, i just need an upgrade from the crap im playing now. and i'll avoid the emgs then, i haven't looked into seymour duncans that much, but seen as the names keeps cropping up ill definately have a look into them. The tele i posted comes with passive ones like, so that's pretty cool. Any idea how much it'd cost for a jb and a 59? just cause i've seen a ltd ec in a local music shop that was quite cheap, but i've heard they have bad stock pickups.
They're both around 80. And both are very worth it. I have this combo in my LP, and it handles a wide range of genre's. You could also do what Lurcher said, but I have an antagonistic attitude toward SG's when it comes to punk. I just love the single cut LP.