I am going to purchase a Vox ac4tv but I don't know what I should pick the combo or the head with the cab?

So any suggestions?
it really depends on how much u wanna spend on it. the head w/ cab with will give u a wider sound while the combo is more for bedroom practicing
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
it really depends on how much u wanna spend on it. the head w/ cab with will give u a wider sound while the combo is more for bedroom practicing

It is for bedroom practice but I probably gonna gig with my band soon is it a possibility to add a cab to my combo then?
unless im wrong, there should be 2 versions of the combo with different sized speakers. first thing to do is stay away from the version with the smaller speaker, i didnt think it sounded as good. i dont like really small speakers though, i find they dont work as well for guitar. so that leaves you with the 10" (i think) combo or head. i personally would go for the head, but i also already have a cab i could use with it. i find that a good cab with a 5w head can make it sound a good bit better since the cheap amps usually have cheap speakers. however, if you are going to be playing at home, not recording and are on a budget, the combo is probably the way to go. the sound difference isnt going to be huge for the most part, so its fine to get the combo.
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
It is for bedroom practice but I probably gonna gig with my band soon is it a possibility to add a cab to my combo then?

if ur gonna b gigging with ur band soon, u might wanna go with the head w/ cab
Will the head/cab also be too loud for on my bedroom? and is it possible to attach a combo to a cab?
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
Will the head/cab also be too loud for on my bedroom? and is it possible to attach a combo to a cab?

yeah you can run a combo thru a cab. it might be a little loud for your bedroom(the head) 5 tube watts. it really depends on what youre used to. i still say go with the head and cab
Combo will be much more cost effective If you don't have a cab already, the head/cab will sound a little better but you my not notice at home. BUT if you're going to be gigging, I would recommend more than 4 watts. I wanted an AC4 a while back, but I need giggable cleans hence the 30watter in my sig
Quote by ProgFolk12
Combo will be much more cost effective If you don't have a cab already, the head/cab will sound a little better but you my not notice at home. BUT if you're going to be gigging, I would recommend more than 4 watts. I wanted an AC4 a while back, but I need giggable cleans hence the 30watter in my sig

Okay thank you, gigging will not be the main thing but we may gonna do that in the future.
So bedroom playing is more prior