So I'm having my bridge cavity enlarged as we speak, and I'm trying to decide on a bridge pickup for it.

I was initially going for a Duncan JB (seems like my best bet), since it's real popular/apparently versatile (and Billie Joe had it in his strat LOL)

Are there any other options? The Dimarzio Superdistortion seems pretty good too.

Oh, and i can't try them out here, so don't suggest that.

Oh yeah, mostly any genre of rock.
Last edited by jkpark8010 at Nov 1, 2009,
Be a little more specific on genres if possible. Also what kinda strat and what amp FX are you using? budget would be nice too...
Budget? Whatever an SD JB goes for. 80 bucks or so I guess. Rarely use anything other than Distortion/OD and a basic Multi.

Behringer 15w and Laney 35w at home, then some Marshal 50w, dunno the model.

Any type of rock serious, punk to heavy, little bit of metal but not really.
Most pups will fall in the 100 dollar range, so I imagine that's his budget. I just wanna get something straight though, you're putting a bridge pup in your neck position? Might I ask why? I'm not sure how many people do this, but I just wouldn't if I were you. I suggest getting a Duncan 59' or a Jazz. The JB can work real well in the bridge, but that's just it- it's meant for the bridge not the neck. I have a JB in my Les Paul's bridge, and since you seem to be a fan of Green Day, it can pull of their sound nicely, in addition to a lot more.
^^ This. Also, it sounds like you've got 3 pretty low end amps (Unless that marshall isn't an MG or a valvestate). I'd sell these and get something decent before you start changing pickups. You simply wont hear any difference through those amps.
Lol, I mean bridge cavity. Sorry, typo.

Well, thing is, my strat is SSS, so I'm just getting a decent pickup for the bridge instead of getting some generic one. I'm gonna have to change it sooner or later.

So JB would be good?
Quote by jkpark8010
Lol, I mean bridge cavity. Sorry, typo.

Well, thing is, my strat is SSS, so I'm just getting a decent pickup for the bridge instead of getting some generic one. I'm gonna have to change it sooner or later.

So JB would be good?

no. unless your planning on ripping out all the electronics in your guitar, you won't able to use a JB. they use different cables as the single-coils, and even if you re-wire the bridge pup will be a lot louder than the neck and middle.