I got a Boss DD-7 yesterday. It's fantastic, I adore it. One strange thing though...When I'm playing cleans on it, my tone is much nicer. I'm not complaining, but this is pretty odd. Also, my big muff sounds a lot thicker and dirtier when I have it after the delay in my effects chain. Thoughts?
ive noticed similar things like this. my tone sounds nicer when my seymour duncan pickup booster is in the chain and worse when my mxr phase 90 is in the chain

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Boss pedals have a buffer in them. That could explain it.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
^What he said. Especially with the Big Muff: fuzz pedals tend to sound a lot more aggressive when you boost the input, and the buffer on the delay will be doing just that.

Having the delay before the fuzz is pretty unconventional, does it not get really messy when you have both on?
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Nov 1, 2009,
If you have lots of pedals, the buffer will help keep the signal cool, and you will not lose highs.
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Quote by monkey_dancer
^What he said. Especially with the Big Muff: fuzz pedals tend to sound a lot more aggressive when you boost the input, and the buffer on the delay will be doing just that.

Having the delay before the fuzz is pretty unconventional, does it not get really messy when you have both on?

There's a slight low hum in this position, but it's completely unnoticeable at higher volumes, and the added dirt is almost worth it. I dunno, I am also a bit of a pedal newb.
Quote by kaneorsomething
There's a slight low hum in this position, but it's completely unnoticeable at higher volumes, and the added dirt is almost worth it. I dunno, I am also a bit of a pedal newb.

I meant that normally when you run delay before fuzz pedals, the repeats when the both are on sometimes get too muddy. That might be your thing though.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
It alters tone because it's not true bypass. The buffer will lower the highs and high mids a little bit. It rounds off the tone a little bit. I don't care for it, but a lot of people like it. It's a sort of compressed sound i think.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack