How much do you make per average gig? just off the top of your head. Im doing a school project where I have to choose a job, a place to live and an optional side job(which would be gigging with a band). Thanks!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I know a guy that earns £8000 a year on top of his normal salary. If that helps.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
depends

some gigs we dont get paid, some gigs we get paid up to £70.
But we dont play to be paid, but if they choose to pay us then okay.

However, if you are seriously in it for the money, I suggest you form a covers band.
originals band: most I've made personally is about 100 plus free booze
cover band: $200 a night plus booze.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Depends on how many people like to pay to drink during your set. Some nights you get some cash, some nights you get a beer or two.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Booze.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
i set up my own shows(i'm in a punk band) and i split the door evenly unless theres a band coming from 2 or 3 hours away or from out of state, then a couple extra goes to them, but on the average anywhere from $20-$50. yeah not much but hey gotta start somewhere.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Play weddings. It's a free meal, and if your good enough you can make $1000 for the night.

Twice a month that comes out to $24,000, split between band members.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Mega-Bump
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
About 200-250 per gig, but then minus the cost of hiring a PA, and sometimes a soundman. And sometimes the cost of paying a support slot...so we usually end up with between 100 and 150.
Quote by The_Casinator
Free drinks for the whole night and $50 is pretty average for me.

this. that's standard for bands that aren't well known.
Quote by Doodleface
Play weddings. It's a free meal, and if your good enough you can make $1000 for the night.

Twice a month that comes out to $24,000, split between band members.

How does $1,000 a night twice come out to be $24,000?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
How does $1,000 a night twice come out to be $24,000?

A grand twice a month for a year equals $24,000.