I'm looking into getting a new guitar and my budget is about $850.
After trying out a bunch of different models, I've decided that I really want either a Schecter Hellraiser or Washburn X50.

I play mostly like Hardcore and Metal and throw some clean stuff in occasionally, so I really wanted a guitar fitting to that play-style.
I'd just like to know all of your opinions on these guitars. Any help is greatly appreciated.
What amp and pedals do you use?
I personally would say Washburn, but that's because I love Washburn. They're essentially the same guitar, except if I recall correctly, the Schecter has EMG's, which may be a better choice depending on the amp and pedals you have.
A lot of that will come down to preference with the neck

I personally have never played the Washburn but most I have played have had relatively thin necks, whereas the Schecter has a veritable baseball bat for a neck (at least compared to most EMG equipped metal guitars)

So if you can, try both
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Baby Joel
What amp and pedals do you use?
I personally would say Washburn, but that's because I love Washburn. They're essentially the same guitar, except if I recall correctly, the Schecter has EMG's, which may be a better choice depending on the amp and pedals you have.

I know this forum has an obscene hatred for Line 6 Spiders....but I just ordered my Spider IV HD 150 about a week ago, so thats what amp I'll be using.
As for the difference in pickups, from what I saw the X50 has an EMG 81/85 setup and the Hellraiser has EMG 81/89.

And thank you very much for the comment on the necks...thats definitely something that will make a difference to me.
Up to this point I've played exclusively Ibanez guitars, so I'm used to a thin neck.
Ah, the Washburn you're looking at is the X50 Pro FE. The regular X50 Pro's have Seymour Duncans, thus my confusion. :p

If you're used to Ibanez necks, than the Washburn will be better, as it is closer to a Wizard profile than a Schecter is.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by DoubleyouW
I'm used to Ibanez necks too, but when I play my friend's schecter, it feels nice too ! =D
Just make sure that you play with them both for a little while, then just decide when you find out which one you like better! :P
also, look at the ltd mh-1000, they're really nice =)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

I was thinking about getting an MH-1000 awhile ago, but my whole point of getting a new guitar is to be able to tune without it being a hassle. I got my Ibanez's for my FR's haha.
Although that ESP does look beautiful....
EMG's and a Line 6 Spider are a very bad combination. I'd say the Hellraiser is the better guitar but pretty much the only differences are the splittable coils in the Hellraiser and the necks. You should try them both out.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
well i own a washburn and it's awesome... great guitar... awesome for playing cleans & distorted songs with tons of gain. i'd personally take the hellraiser as i prefer schecter now for my main axe.. but if you want good cleans.. i'd go washburn
Quote by falconthefirst
EMG's and a Line 6 Spider are a very bad combination.

What you talkin' 'bout Willis.

But yeah like said you really do need to try out the guitars. And just to throw another spanner in the works check out the LTD MH-1000NT model.