I went to a nearby music shop today and automatically was drawn to a LTD V.

It had EMG-HZ pups installed as it was 2nd hand and had a LFR bridge.
The guitar was £280 with a case and it has no visible cracks or chips.

I have never seen or heard of a LTD V250 and cannot find one for sale anywhere but at this shop, is this a true ltd or a custom built guitar using a ltd neck?
Has anyone had experience with this guitar or heard of it.
Specs so far:
Body: ???? (probably basswood or alder)
Neck: Maple neck with Rosewood FB (sorta arrow inlays)
ESP Double Locking bridge
EMG HZ pups (dont know which) How can i discover which HZs these are?
Very Dark Cherry finish.

Is this guitar worth it or should I get something else.

In looks its very similar to the V401DX but without the flame and has EMG passives instead of active pups

EDIT:
This is the best picture i could find of 1 but this hasnt got EMG-HZ installed because the previous owner customized it.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Nov 1, 2009,
No, it's plastic. Sorry.

It's real, but discontinued (I think). No idea what they're worth.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
No, it's plastic. Sorry.

It's real, but discontinued (I think). No idea what they're worth.

Oh ok

^^ I couldnt find that, Thanks a lot guys.

Are the ESP trems any good or should i change to a OFR or high end LFR?

Does anyone have any idea on how good these guitars are? There isnt a review of it on here and i cant find 1 anywhere.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
did you play it? Did you like it?

If so, why do you need us to tell you about it? Most people who post have never even seen one.
Quote by Tedward
did you play it? Did you like it?

If so, why do you need us to tell you about it? Most people who post have never even seen one.

I did play it.... .... sadly through an MG30

Strangely enough though it sounds great through that and I think it would sound alot better through my gigging amp (which is a borrowed DSL halfstack).

I loved the guitar it was in brilliant condition and it sounded even better which i found quite shocking as it was played through an MG.

I didnt use the trem much though because it wasnt set up and kept slipping out of tune, but that could have been me not using a FR a lot.

Is this a good deal for £279 with a case included?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
Oh ok

^^ I couldnt find that, Thanks a lot guys.

Are the ESP trems any good or should i change to a OFR or high end LFR?

Does anyone have any idea on how good these guitars are? There isnt a review of it on here and i cant find 1 anywhere.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/ESP/V-250/10/1

And unless the trem isn't broken then don't fix it, at which point it does break then look at replacing it but no point in fixing something that ain't broke.
Quote by riflesndaisies
I did play it.... .... sadly through an MG30

Strangely enough though it sounds great through that and I think it would sound alot better through my gigging amp (which is a borrowed DSL halfstack).

I loved the guitar it was in brilliant condition and it sounded even better which i found quite shocking as it was played through an MG.

I didnt use the trem much though because it wasnt set up and kept slipping out of tune, but that could have been me not using a FR a lot.

Is this a good deal for £279 with a case included?

you liked it and it played well, who cares if its real or "worth" what we say?

after all a guitar is only worth what you're willing to pay, and if it played as great as you say it did, then that is the only thing that should matter

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
you liked it and it played well, who cares if its real or "worth" what we say?

after all a guitar is only worth what you're willing to pay, and if it played as great as you say it did, then that is the only thing that should matter

I know i want it and all that i just want to find more about it.

^ Thanks for the review help, azn_guitarist25.
I dont think the trem is broken it just wasn't set up great from the previious owner. It still worked good but was a little strange when the trem was sinking into the body but ill be able to fix this problem by a proper setup right?

If the trem ever did break what trems should i look into?
Ive heard good things about the following:
Original Edge/Lo Pro/Edge Pro, OFR, Schaller/Gotoh FR. Will these fit into this guitar because on the OFR setup thread LFR routing is the same as OFR and the Edge is the same as the OFR. Could i change my LFR for all of the above trems??
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Bump.

Any idea if i could change the trem for any of those above ?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
Will these fit into this guitar because on the OFR setup thread LFR routing is the same as OFR and the Edge is the same as the OFR. Could i change my LFR for all of the above trems??

Not all LFRs are routed the same, some are made to different sizes, or shapes. You'd be best to measure your bridge, or take it to a tech and have them do it.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.