hey, i was wondering if anyone has a schematic of an analog driven spring reverb standalone unit, similar to the vanamps sole-mate, where there is an internal mix, not requiring either 2 amps or a 2 channel amp to power the wet and dry individually. the only valuable schem i've found is the stage center which functions off of a separate dry and wet signal.

However, the other thing i was wondering is does the stage center sound any good? is if its actually worth building for sound quality, i'd be fine with implementing a mix circuit in at the end of the recovery unit.

I was also wondering if anyone has any experience with the schematics provided on accutronics website. would any of these circuits function as a standalone unit, and if so what one would sound best?
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Last edited by iheartmy7 at Nov 1, 2009,
dont mean to sound rude, but i specifically want something analog. so it will be a little cheaper, more portable, more durable, and can fit into a large stomp box.
Can't get more analog than tubes...

Belton makes an analog reverb box thingy. Try buildyourownclone.com, they make one using that one.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
You could probably find a schematic that uses transistors or opamps to drive the reverb, but your not gonna get any more analog than tubes.
Quote by iheartmy7
dont mean to sound rude, but i specifically want something analog.
That doesn't sound rude, just ill-informed (on your part) That IS analog. Nothing digital at all about it.

Quote by iheartmy7
so it will be a little cheaper, more portable, more durable,
That's portable, and durable. The tubes really aren't any more fragile than the spring unit. If you want cheaper, find a solid state version that's similar.

Quote by iheartmy7
and can fit into a large stomp box.
Bad plan. If you want springs, you DEFINTELY don't want a stompbox. Stepping on the switch will rattle the springs each time you enable the effect. Truly horrible. A unit like the one in the link has a separate footswitch. That's the only practical way to use your foot to enable a spring reverb.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
okay, let me be slightly more clear i guess?
i mean analog, as in op-amp driven, i know tubes are analog, but i'd have said tube. why? to me, tube driven reverb feels too squishy and toney, i like something subtle, warm and pleasing, like i've heard from an analog driven spring unit. i'd mount that tank in my amp, i built it to leave room for a reverb unit. i may just design a reverb schematic off of some left over LND150's i ordered for my amp to drive the reverb directly.
Quote by iheartmy7
okay, let me be slightly more clear i guess?
i mean analog, as in op-amp driven, i know tubes are analog, but i'd have said tube. why? to me, tube driven reverb feels too squishy and toney, i like something subtle, warm and pleasing, like i've heard from an analog driven spring unit. i'd mount that tank in my amp, i built it to leave room for a reverb unit. i may just design a reverb schematic off of some left over LND150's i ordered for my amp to drive the reverb directly.

One comment about reverbs...

The tone you get in the end has about 0.0001% to do with how you drive the tank (opamp/transistor vs tube). The sound gets so messed up in a reverb tank that it just doesn't matter. The bulk of your tone you get from the recovery section where you amplify the sound out of the tank. You want something warm and pleasing? Look no further than tubes, they're perfect for that.

Regarding the LND150, the current capability is pretty craptacular, so I'd recommend something like a DN2540 (something higher current at minimum), or parallel a bunch of the LND150s.

If you want a really warm, pleasing tone, the recovery section is key. Make sure you have a tone adjust section in it that varies the amount of treble in it...by saying "warm", I'm translating that into "not bright", so you want to make sure you change the recovery section to match.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
thanks, the only tube reverbs i've really played are that of fender, and all of which sound too "boingy" to me. i really like the sound clips i've heard of the vanamp reverbmate and solemate, and now that i recall it, i remember how much i love mesa's lonestar reverb. i'll maybe look into something based off of that circuit.
Last edited by iheartmy7 at Nov 9, 2009,
noooo thank you. i absolutely detest digital reverb. i think i'll just lift the circuit from a lonestar