I play for almost 4months now and it's like I didn't learn much last month/weeks.

I'm stuck playing open chords now and trying to play them at 100BPM but I can't play them flawlessly,sometimes I don't hit a string right.

I've practicing for 2weeks now this: D-A-C-G ,I could play it before but I want to play this perfectly(for me that is 100-110BPM without any mistakes) but I'm stuck.

It really sucks cuz I want to learn those stupid open chords and move on to something else.

A few weeks after I started I already could play those open chords(or I thought I could play them),but really slow.Since 2weeks now I have a metronome and I try to make a goal for each chord progression I learn,but it will take me ages if I continu like this.

How long does it take normally to play open chords:100-110BPM without mistakes?
Last edited by FlyingStar at Nov 1, 2009,
As far as I can tell, you're doing fine. Right on track. There really is no "normal" learning speed, everybody is different. It took me, personally, about 6 months before I was really comfortable playing open chords flawlessly. With some of my friends it took longer.

The important thing is to not sweat it, keep working at it, and be patient.
Only open chords after 4 months? Looks like you are not using the proper technique, perhaps you need a good teacher. Also you may want to check beginner guitar lessons on YouTube.
Quote by Poglia
Only open chords after 4 months? Looks like you are not using the proper technique, perhaps you need a good teacher. Also you may want to check beginner guitar lessons on YouTube.

It's not really the amount of stuff that I want ,but rather quality.

First month I could play open chords(dom 7th,sus,major,minor,...)
Now I can play some scales,I have pretty good fingerspeed for a beginner(but for chords I'm a bit stuck),I can play with my pinky(at least average),down-up strokes/picking.

Actually didn't get more quantity,but a little bit of quality(speed,accuracy,...)in 2 months time.

I know I will have the same thing with barre chords for example,I'll be able to play them in day 1,but I'll be stuck getting better at it.

Man this sucks.
Last edited by FlyingStar at Nov 1, 2009,