I really like looking for music on youtube with lot of low-end music, preferably anything drop b or lower tunings. I have a Insignia speakers and sub-woofer that I bought for 40 dollars in Best Buy. It was great listening to songs with louder bass, but the subs itself isn't really great when picking up very low frequencies. For example, Mortican plays in drop g sometimes and I can't hear the bass at all, even in one song when the bass had distortion. Not sure if it is a speaker problem or a sound card problem.

Anyways, how is the speaker set up on your computer, and what are your thoughts on them?
Logitech Z-3 2.1 surround sound. Picks up all the way to drop N flat.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

my laptop has Altec Lansing speakers built in, they sound awesome for laptop speakers, like, reallly awesome
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
An old Kenwood hifi hand-me-down.. it's 20 years old but it sounds decent; has a pretty deep bass output... Perfect for those beeps and boops in Electronica and that.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Nov 1, 2009,
JBL Creature 2's 2.1 has a great sub and the speakers may be small but they pack a bloody punch
logitech-something-i-got-for-$20-with-a-subwoofer

loud as **** within the confines of my tiny dorm room
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
drop g is just ridiculously stupid

bands compensating for their lack of songwriting ability by dropping the strings till they hit the floor

How is drop tuning a guitar compensating for lack of songwriting? Explain the logic behind that one.
I've got Altec Lansing speakers, they're pretty beast.

Quote by Zoot Allures
How is drop tuning a guitar compensating for lack of songwriting? Explain the logic behind that one.

john petrucci drop tunes sometimes. Steve Vai's song 'bad horsie' is in drop C. Case closed, drop tuning DOES NOT mean less songwriting talent.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Nov 1, 2009,
I doubt drop tuning increases the amount of sub-bass much.... most of the character if distorted guitars is in the higher frequencies anyway./

Get some dubstep on haha
My very old tube amp(not a guitar amp) with 2x200 rms output and 2 300watt speakers.

I really don't like the sound of computer speakers, and my computer is kinda my music system to so..
edirol ma-15d
pretty good, im looking for some new ones though
Quote by Zoot Allures

the need of "originality" displayed in how low they tune, thought to compensate their lack of ability in in songwriting
logitech 2.1 speakers.
they were $25 and the sub can register pretty low, well worth the money
Quote by szekelymihai
the need of "originality" displayed in how low they tune, thought to compensate their lack of ability in in songwriting

Isn't it just giving more possibilities? and more mays to put a desired feeling in your music? I don't really see how you can measure musicians with their tuning
Logitech 5.1 surround sound
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
my sony 5.1 home theater system and a cheap set of KRK reference monitors.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Logitech S-220:

Cost like £30. Amazing sound, though. Everyone who hears them are always "holy crap how the hell can you cram that sound of those speakers "

Great equalizing, people. Great equalizing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

2 of them
63cm x 34cm x 25cm
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Last edited by Toast1337 at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by Antis0cial
Isn't it just giving more possibilities? and more ways to put a desired feeling in your music? I don't really see how you can measure musicians with their tuning

hey it wasnt't my idea but i find it ridiculous how come music "these days" came to such low tunings. i don't really see a point in it(maybe lets say, tunings lower than drop C)
Quote by szekelymihai
hey it wasnt't my idea but i find it ridiculous how come music "these days" came to such low tunings. i don't really see a point in it(maybe lets say, tunings lower than drop C)

the point is getting a more agressive, muddy sound which some artists want

Or getting in the vocal range of your singer.

But only like 2-3% of the music nowadays use that tuning. Maybe 25% of metal.

Don't generalize to much, and listen to more music(genres)
I have some 'creative' speakers and I think they cost from 20-40 quid (can't really remember).. and they do the job for me, don't lose sound quality with volume, which is usually the problem with cheapish speakers
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Trio KA-3700 hifi amplifier from the late 70s or so, through Sony speakers that came with a mid 80s hifi system I got in a charity shop. I like stuff with a past

it sounds really good as well, and it's powerful. Proper ears bleeding loud if you want it to be. Good bass response as well. There's no sub, but big hifi speakers though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
bose companion II's. they sound orgasmic... really!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)