Hey. So I'm a left handed beginner and need a new guitar. I'm mostly into metal and been eying B.C. rich and schecter guitars. I have a budget of up to 600$(dosent mean I have to spend it all), and feel like owning something flashy and unique, so the NT Warlock and Damien V-1 FR seem attractive right now, but I'm considering other options. Any ideas and a good website to pick it from? Thanks !
Last edited by NeomJ at Nov 1, 2009,
Have you already started playing guitar? If you haven't, I'd suggest playing playing right handed anyway. More guitars y'see.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
i would stay away from b.c. rich as there low end guitar can be bad. i would look at an ibanez or esp. giutar center or musicians friend are your best bets or sam ash if uoi live in canada.
Quote by Guitar2theface
Have you already started playing guitar? If you haven't, I'd suggest playing playing right handed anyway. More guitars y'see.

While I hardly know much, I already got a used to holding and strumming it left handed, plus I feel obligated to play lefty.
well if you that knew dont spend so much i reckon you should keep it cheap and a bit more standard nothing too crazy sshaped
How about the Schecter C-1 artist edition? It seems good and at a nice price, but does it work for metal?
Quote by Guitar2theface

strongly disagree with this,

the right lobe of the brain controls te left side of the body and would require completely retraining the brain and would hinder the TS.

there`s a similar thread running in the guitar techniques forum with reference to this.

TS have you considered a ibanez rg370dxl bk or a art 120l
Quote by britishsligean
i would stay away from b.c. rich as there low end guitar can be bad. i would look at an ibanez or esp. giutar center or musicians friend are your best bets or sam ash if uoi live in canada.

The NT and NJ series guitars are actually high quality instruments, and I would recommend them to anyone. They're all neck through, with eastern mahogany bodies, and if they have a tremolo, it's an Original Floyd Rose. Most of them use Rockfield Mafia and Fatass pickups, although the NT Warlock uses BC Rich BDSM pickups, although that isn't a huge issue.

I'd go for the NT Warlock, TS. I'm getting one as soon as I have the money, they're great guitars.
And btw, I'm a lefty too (:
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.