ok this has been bugging the crap out of me since i sat down to watch the 1986 movie crossroads. the guitar duel at the end (head cuttin guitar duel) is composed of many diffenent songs and riffs from blues and classical songs. i know the song was written by steve vai and ry cooder but my question is what songs are in the guitar duel in particularly i want to know the last classical song played. much appreciated to those who can tell me. its just one of those familiar tunes that you cant put the name to.
The last song is Paganini's 5th Caprice if I'm right. Its definitely something from Paganini at the least.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
The last song was written by Steve Vai, and although based on Paganini's 5th caprice, it's different. It's called "Eugene's Trick Bag"

Also, that heavy chugging riff that Vai plays at the beginning is his song "Bad Horsie"
The only actual excerpt used is from the 5th caprice.

And the chugging riff isn't actually Bad Horsie, it's a riff he used for the recording that he later thought "yeah, badass, I'll write a full song based off it".
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The only actual excerpt used is from the 5th caprice.

And the chugging riff isn't actually Bad Horsie, it's a riff he used for the recording that he later thought "yeah, badass, I'll write a full song based off it".

True. Didn't really consider that.
eugenes trick bag and butlers bag, it tells you in the credits.

haven`t watched that film in years....
Quote by sashki
The last song was written by Steve Vai, and although based on Paganini's 5th caprice, it's different. It's called "Eugene's Trick Bag"

Also, that heavy chugging riff that Vai plays at the beginning is his song "Bad Horsie"

the song was actually a joint work by steve vai and ry cooder steve vai had the skills to put the tapping in but ry cooder taught him the blues licks and played eugenes part.