Page 1 of 2
These guys are absolutely deadly, cant believe there wasnt a thread on them already. They play a mix of lets see.... Mercyful Fate, Bulldozer, Venom, and Priest. Their s/t album is near flawless, pure heavy metal. Their old vocalist is the same lad from Helvetets Port, I think.

Check out a few songs here:

http://www.myspace.com/portraitmetal
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Listening now. Takes a lot for Heavy Metal to leave a mark on me, but Bulldozer and Venom are two of my favorites, so giving this a shot.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Stranglehold is back! And he has brought with him some amazing music!
Great band, I'm definitely gonna get the s/t
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Love these guys, rec them whenever I can, utterly amazing vocals and just songs in general.
I'm gonna be honest, i didn't like it that much
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I actually have never checked this band out. Judging by the description and the badass cover art I'm looking at right now this should be right up my alley. I'm definately gonna order the S/T.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
More replies, damn ye! Savage savage album, the whiff of King Diamond off the vocals is undeniable.....
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I think this band was on the list of Fenriz's recommended bands, pretty awesome.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Great band, i picked their album up at a shop in town a while ago and it still holds up after this long.
Instantly picked up on the Venom, and Mercyful Fate feel. Christ, this is some good shit.

Very just fast-paced, straight to the metal insanity...for lack of better words.
http://www.myspace.com/portraitmetal

New song up on the myspace.....not half as vicious as the old stuff, but not bad! New singer too.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Simply but, Portrait are full of win.
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
New songs are up!! http://www.myspace.com/portraitmetal

They sound deadly....also, note the unused Repugnant artwork....
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The scream at the beginning of Darkness Forever is badass and this just emits power. Still haven't acquired their s/t
Ahhhhh riffage!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Yeah I was a bit worried after the 7'' but this is back on track...seeing them in a few weeks!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Some insanely good music here, although the quality of the riffs varies at times IMO. Some of them seem to fall into the "Dragonforce" category. Overall still some of the best recent music I've heard. I love these fukkers.
Haha, Dragonforce? really?? The s/t was a bit more evil, a lot more Mercyful Fate inspired, but I wouldn't call the new stuff happy clappy like Dragonforce...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Haha, Dragonforce? really?? The s/t was a bit more evil, a lot more Mercyful Fate inspired, but I wouldn't call the new stuff happy clappy like Dragonforce...

5:33 of bloodbath. Just listen to that riff. Literally made me go "WTF?". Not a bad riff, but it doesn't belong in the song. The rest of the song really reminds me of RAM, honestly great stuff.
This new album really is the tits. Closest thing we'll get to a 'Painkiller' in terms of heavy metal power these days.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Give it a try at least. King Diamond meets Dissection, meets 'Powerslave'. Just really well-played and well-constructed heavy metal. These lads are gonna be huge Id say...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The newest album is really good, I'm not sure how good yet because I need to listen to it more still. But the S/T is fantastic. A Ghastly Silence and The Adversary are beyond incredible (as well as the rest of the album). Easily one of the best bands to emerge over the last few years I'd say.
Awesome band, Portrait and fucking RAM rule the current Swedish heavy metal scene.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Listened to the new record. ****ing awesome shit. Is the debut as good?

And any bands similar that arent named Mercyful Fate/King Diamond/RAM/In Solitude?
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I liked the debut loads more, but I mean, they're very solid heavy metal. Nothing really wrong with it.

To be honest, they're all fairly unique in their own aspects, however, some more unique bands would be...

Tyrant - Too Late to Pray
Cirith Ungol - Frost and Fire
Lords of the Crimson Alliance - s/t
Brocas Helm - Defender of the Crown

All heavy metal, some a little on the speedier side, but none the less, enjoy.
Know all of those, but only ever got around to Cirith Ungol. Whom I find just ok.

Will give the rest a listen though, for sure. Which Tyrant am I looking for, this one? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tyrant/494
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Jul 10, 2011,
Yes sir. That's the heavy metal kings.

Hmm, I suppose it couldn't hurt to give you more if you know those...

Crimson Glory - Transcendence
Trop Feross - Resurrection
Crystal Night - s/t
Burning Angel, check out Warrel Dane's first band, Sanctuary. Refuge Denied/Into The Mirror black comes as a 2cd pack, some unreal heavy metal!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Did anyone else know they had a new album out? Had no earthly idea, myself. It's been out for a few weeks now I guess, so listening is mandatory.
Link to that Jon?? Had no idea!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Holy shit, this sounds great. I need this album.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Maybe you guys are just out of the Trad. loop . The new album is as good as you'd expect it to be. It's on par with their underrated debut, at the minimum. I need more listens to determine if it's equal or better than Crimen, but this album is SOLID.
I just got on here to bump this thread and make sure everyone else was aware that the new album was out, but I can see I was beaten to it. My copy just arrived in the mail today and I can't wait to sink my teeth into it. I think Portrait is one of the best bands of their type and I've been giving the S/T and Crimen regular listens since they've been released years ago.
Page 1 of 2