Poll: How much screaming vocals do you want in a song?
Poll Options
View poll results: How much screaming vocals do you want in a song?
All of the song
50 21%
75%
38 16%
50%
45 19%
25%
36 15%
None of the song
71 30%
Voters: 240.
Page 1 of 3
Hey pit, I'd b really interested to see what the pit generally thinks of these types of "heavier" singing.

How much (if any) do you want in a song?
Depends of the style played. There has to be some tone to it, not just constant BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Only those that are required to show that the screamer is being brutally sodomised to death with the rest of his band members.
It depends on the song or band. You'll generally find that either hate all or want only growls or screams are pretty small-minded people.
I'm fine with the medium pitched stuff, but the burpy one get on my nerves. 25% of a song with death burps I can tolerate, but any more than that just annoys me. I can put up with 100% of a song with well done harsh voices, such as Opeth or Dark Tranquillity style stuff, but the whinier metalcore-ish stuff is less to my liking.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I only like them in Doom metal. Lower vocals suits the mood of the song. Same with screams.
Depends entirely on the music.

There are some kinds of music (i.e death metal) that wouldn't sound right at all with clean singing over it. The instrumentation is just too heavy and aggressive.

Similarily, growls over acoustic music would sound ridiculous.

It all depends on the music.
Screaming is annoying as ****. I hate it.

Growling, i can tolerate it if it sounds good.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Depends on the music.. I wouldn't ask a band to perform a ballad then growl over it..

Personally, I love growling when done right. So I voted 75% based on what i said before.
Most of the time it's alright, hell i even learned to scream last year, so it only makes sense that i would enjoy something like that. Right? Right.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Depends on the genre... For 'majority' of what I like? I guess half and half
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Never. It sounds ridiculous in my opinion.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
mendeed style, probably 60/40 in favour of high screams, i just can't stand all this deathcore bree bree shite.
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
Quote by 9Guitarist9
It's a survey, smartass.

Then you can just refer to one of the multiple dozen threads created on this topic every week, smartass.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Depends entirely on the song, you can't generalize.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ctb
I only like them in Doom metal. Lower vocals suits the mood of the song. Same with screams.

Dude...you avatar is creepy as hell. It follows me in every thread I go to
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
like about 25% - 50% in a song.. but the mixture is definitely the best!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Sopheydood
Then you can just refer to one of the multiple dozen threads created on this topic every week, smartass.

Then find me such a thread, smartass.
Quote by Waff
I only like growling if it's somewhat musical, like Opeth, Lamb of God, or Arch Enemy. Those guys do it tastefully. I think growling and screaming can be very powerful but when it's monotone and blunt I think it's stupid.

Lamb of God has some of the most monotone screaming of all, in my opinion.
it depends on the song really. sometimes it just sounds like shit, but other times it really fits the tone of the song.
I chose all because, in general, that's what I listen to, but I do listen to music with a mix, and a lot of music that is clean-vox only.
i want singing in my music but screaming in a chorus is good
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Pagan-Pie
It depends on the song or band. You'll generally find that either hate all or want only growls or screams are pretty small-minded people.

I agree. It depends on my mood. Currently I don't want any. I usually don't like growls, though, only in Opeth.
hey, listen to stuff with no screaming and stuff that's 100% screaming. pretty much any amount of screaming is fine by me, but i tend to shy away from 100%, i only listen to like 2 bands that do nothing but scream
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
It just tends to suit some bands, but I think it is overused in metal, a lot of bands like Avenged Sevenfold just do it because they think it will make them sound "br00talz" and because all the other metal bands do it but it just doesn't work.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
I hate these kinds of threads, but uuuh, death metal is one of my favorite subgenres of music, so I <3 death growls.

Around half the bands I listen to probably utilize harsh vox 100% of the time.
Depends on the song, and the singer. If they can growl, then go ahead. I like a bit of it, but get bored of it after a few songs of pure growling. 75% is the upper limit for me
Page 1 of 3