I'm currently learning intervals and was wondering do you always start with minor after Unison or do you sometimes use Major first?
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
People usually start with unisons and octaves, then perfect fourths and fifths; then major and minor thirds. It doesn't particularly make it easier to start with one or the other.
Quote by blue_strat
People usually start with unisons and octaves, then perfect fourths and fifths; then major and minor thirds. It doesn't particularly make it easier to start with one or the other.

Well I'm tying to learn the way he the Crusade lesson teaches you on here with this example:
A to A Unison
A to Bb minor 2nd
A to B Major 2nd
A to C minor 3rd
A to C# Major 3rd
A to D Perfect 4th
A to Eb Diminished 5th (Also known as a Flatted 5th)
A to E Perfect 5th
A to F minor 6th
A to F# Major 6th
A to G minor 7th
A to G# Major 7th
A to A Octave
Oh, but I just noticed maybe I didn't write my question right. I'm not trying to learn them on the fretboard yet just trying to write them down like the above and then start trying to note them out.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
So far, I have the simple ones down, but I learned like...

Unison/Octave (really easy, IMO)
Perfect 5th
Major 3rd
Minor 3rd
Perfect 4th

No real pattern here, I just started with the power chord, basic triad, then the chords that sounded pretty (lol) sus4, so far.
Quote by unicornfist
Well I'm tying to learn the way he the Crusade lesson teaches you on here with this example:
A to A Unison
A to Bb minor 2nd
A to B Major 2nd
A to C minor 3rd
A to C# Major 3rd
A to D Perfect 4th
A to Eb Diminished 5th (Also known as a Flatted 5th)
A to E Perfect 5th
A to F minor 6th
A to F# Major 6th
A to G minor 7th
A to G# Major 7th
A to A Octave
Oh, but I just noticed maybe I didn't write my question right. I'm not trying to learn them on the fretboard yet just trying to write them down like the above and then start trying to note them out.

If you are just writing them out, all you need is to write it out once. Since you already have it for A, then you can just raise it up to any key.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.