Looking for a backup incase i can not get the vintage black eclipse II from esp, i find the guitar looks elegant with a black / gold hardware and gold trim finish and a LP shape, so just wondering if any1 knows a similiar 'elegant' look/spec guitar for 1250$ and below, as in i can find it on ebay for 800$'ish.

Ebony fingerboard prefer
emg's or strong passives
Don't care too much for dot inlays and i love fancy inlays such as steve vai's inlays
Would like it to not be a strat shape.

Have a really good amp that i don't feel like changing so i won't bother to post what it is, thank you in advance.

Btw i play alot of metal.
ESP Eclipse I CTM

Better looking in my opinion because of the crème edge instead of yellow.

Other than ESP: Gibson Explorer with gold EMGs.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Holy shit i love explorers, but do you really think i can find one with gold emg's for my price range lol. And also isn't the eclipse I ctm more expensive?
very nice, i think i may look into more agile's, any1 got more?
Why arent Edwards called ESP's i mean they are made in japan exclusively but is that all? either way i love their inlays and features.
dean deceiver, same general shape as the eclipse..fits all your spect black gold trim, emgs? on top of all of that i think you can buy it new from the store for like 650ish do it
Rig: dean razorback 10k, jackson dinky DKMG, dano 1960 silvertone...Randall Rh150
Last edited by Asamdud at Nov 1, 2009,
epiphone les paul custom "black beauty"?
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Quote by xItsGilbertYox
epiphone les paul custom "black beauty"?

it fits the looks, and body specs perfect...but the pickups ain't to hot, and i've played them before and i did not think they are that great. Thats only an opinion though i think you should try any guitar before you buy it.
Rig: dean razorback 10k, jackson dinky DKMG, dano 1960 silvertone...Randall Rh150
Quote by Asamdud
it fits the looks, and body specs perfect...but the pickups ain't to hot, and i've played them before and i did not think they are that great. Thats only an opinion though i think you should try any guitar before you buy it.

you can get one for 4 or 5 hundred, and have enough money to replace the pickups...
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by xItsGilbertYox
you can get one for 4 or 5 hundred, and have enough money to replace the pickups...

ok you got me..i just want to see some more people playin deans
Quote by Asamdud
ok you got me..i just want to see some more people playin deans

i gotta respect that because im the same way for les pauls! haha
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by rawd
Why arent Edwards called ESP's i mean they are made in japan exclusively but is that all? either way i love their inlays and features.

it does seem to be pretty much it. quality and hardware is ESP/hi end LTD quality
Quote by xItsGilbertYox
i gotta respect that because im the same way for les pauls! haha

lol no one loves the razorbacks(except me)..and so im not off topic with this post i dubt you would want it but dean makes a black and gold 7 string razorback with emgs? and im sure you could find it used for like 900ish
I love the white/gold razorback...could never find it on ebay though..
Quote by rawd
I love the white/gold razorback...could never find it on ebay though..

lol probably because there was only like 25(i think) made..lol thing if a guy sold one on here for like 900 a while back>.<
Sorry, but what amp do you really have?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by rawd
only 25 made??

umm sorry my bad there is 24 of them...but they make a cheaper razorback with a string through thats metalic white...not even as close to the sexapeal of the white/gold one but it was after all it was a limited run..bright side those are afordable(the white/gold one and when i say that i mean in your price range), and if that doesnt work look at the 10k as soon as i played one of thoes bad boys i brought it home.
My amp is fine, and im an experienced guitar player with 2 other guitars still with me, only needed info on new guitars, which are really helpful so far.

but if you must know, my amp is peavey 5150 and a line 6 III 30 watt (have both)
anymore guitars?

and also i once owned an epiphone, i love the black beauty (so much...) but im looking to avoid epiphone until i get a gibson one day.
you could check out the new Jackson KE5FR not a les paul, but thats one classy looking metal guitar.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by rawd

Because they're not made fully in Japan in ESP factories, and the qc is a step below that of ESP, and they use LFR instead of the almighty OFR.

And also what type of bridge did you want?
Quote by Tedward

that guitar is gorgeous
the 22 fret and big heel might be a problem depending on what kind of metal he plays though
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Because they're not made fully in Japan in ESP factories, and the qc is a step below that of ESP, and they use LFR instead of the almighty OFR.

And also what type of bridge did you want?

They are fully made in Japan and a number of them do use the OFR.

I suspect its pretty much their home brand more than anything else.

QC I can attest is a notch lower than ESP... but given ESP's standard of quality... that notch doesn't really matter.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
They are fully made in Japan and a number of them do use the OFR.

I suspect its pretty much their home brand more than anything else.

QC I can attest is a notch lower than ESP... but given ESP's standard of quality... that notch doesn't really matter.

Not really mate it's been noted that for a few years now most of them have been built in China or somewhere close and have gone to Japan for the final set up before being sold. And which models use genuine OFR's? 'Cos the closest ones I've seen are the FR 1000.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
(1)Not really mate it's been noted that for a few years now most of them have been built in China or somewhere close and have gone to Japan for the final set up before being sold. (2)And which models use genuine OFR's? 'Cos the closest ones I've seen are the FR 1000.

(1) Not entirely up to date with this.
(2) My Alexi Sigs come with OFR... not the FR-1000... but when I just rechecked the site it does say FR-1000 ... still says OFR on mine.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
(1) Not entirely up to date with this.
(2) My Alexi Sigs come with OFR... not the FR-1000... but when I just rechecked the site it does say FR-1000 ... still says OFR on mine.

1) Yeah I think it's been about 2 or 3 years now but don't worry not many people realise this anyway
2) Umm what year was your Alexi produced? Because Edwards were late to the party in introducing the FR-1000 on all models.
Build your own. Just buy the parts and put them together, its fun and you get what you want. Buy a body, buy a 24 fret neck, buy whatever pickups you want, a floyd rose, etc. There you have it!
Quote by rawd
Looking for a backup incase i can not get the vintage black eclipse II from esp, i find the guitar looks elegant with a black / gold hardware and gold trim finish and a LP shape, so just wondering if any1 knows a similiar 'elegant' look/spec guitar for 1250$ and below, as in i can find it on ebay for 800$'ish.

Ebony fingerboard prefer
emg's or strong passives
Don't care too much for dot inlays and i love fancy inlays such as steve vai's inlays
Would like it to not be a strat shape.

Have a really good amp that i don't feel like changing so i won't bother to post what it is, thank you in advance.

Btw i play alot of metal.

The ninja 600 QM
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Not really mate it's been noted that for a few years now most of them have been built in China or somewhere close and have gone to Japan for the final set up before being sold. And which models use genuine OFR's? 'Cos the closest ones I've seen are the FR 1000.

edwards are made in china not actual ESPs
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
edwards are made in china not actual ESPs

Yes I know I was referring to the Edwards not the actual ESP's sorry for any misunderstanding. I thought it was clear myself I was talking 'bout Edwards but meh.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
1) Yeah I think it's been about 2 or 3 years now but don't worry not many people realise this anyway
2) Umm what year was your Alexi produced? Because Edwards were late to the party in introducing the FR-1000 on all models.

Hmmm.. I think it had to be 2008... the Pink Sawtooth didn't appear until 2008.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX

ESP EC-1000 in Vintage Black

Classy.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb