I'm curious. Everyone has seen or heard of Willie Nelson's guitar, 'trigger'. I'd like to see some beat-up, worn out, and high mileage guitars. Let see the Dings, Chips, holes, worn off finish etc etc. Some of the dings and chips might have stories too!
Attachments:
triggerface.jpg
Quote by jack hate crew

...you DO realize that this is the acoustic guitar forum. haha but yes, that might take the cake.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
there's a big scratch/finish peeling off one on of my guitars that i bought used, if i remember i will post some pics.
-drive it like you stole it

-burn rubber not your soul
Here's a guitar I've got...my mom's boyfriend works in a salvage yard and we found it in the trunk of a car:

Pardon my crap camera's pictures.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
Here's a guitar I've got...my mom's boyfriend works in a salvage yard and we found it in the trunk of a car:

That is an oil can banjo project waiting to happen!
Thousands of people on here...and all we have is like 3-4 guitars? Come guys lets see um!!!
my acoustic was next to a bag of golf clubs for a few days, somehow the clubs fell over and now theres a chip in the neck of the guitar. will post pics in a bit

chip is circled in yellow

if the embed doesnt work heres the link:

http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/Shadowplay76/?action=view&current=Picture26.jpg
Quote by St. Angry
youre right. i just checked the dvd i have agian and it is in D standard. i dont think Metallica has ever done a song in drop D, or drop C for that matter.

^Check his username again
Last edited by WaltzingArmy at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by obeythepenguin
^ Is the neck completely broken off that one?

Anyway, this thread just reminded me of Seasick Steve and his 3-string guitar:

Yep, the neck is totally seperated from the body; I guess now might be a good time to wonder if It's repairable, and how much (and the difficulty of the) work would need to go into it?
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by kmyers18
Thousands of people on here...and all we have is like 3-4 guitars? Come guys lets see um!!!

Most of those thousands have been playing for less than six months. I'll put some lovely images of my weather-beaten Sigma up when I get a moment.
I was going to make smart remark....but i cant! I been playing about that same amount of time! Lol
The Willie Nelson and Tommy Emmanuel guitars came into mind. Tommy's, not so much, but it's been well-loved over the years.

Mine's pretty beat up, but it's not spectacular. Might post pictures later...

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
This is the Soccer-Ball guitar or by it's official designation the "First Act Discovery FG 170". I bought this as a joke. I had a customer come in with it and we had a chuckle. I said, "I'll give you 10 bucks for it." He agreed and I took out my wallet to realize that I only had 8 on me. He took the 8 and we sealed the deal.

It's been at my place for a long time and it takes a pounding. Everyone plays this thing! It gets played at least once a day. They walk past the Martin, past the Hummingbird copy, and go straight for the soccer ball and start playing. It's been played, dragged, banged and tossed about so much that I'm amazed it's survived. It's been attacked by two three year olds on a regular basis. Played at parties and everyone plays dueling banjos on this thing.

Not up there with the road beaten big boys but it deserves an honorable mention.
Attachments:
IMG_7804.JPG
IMG_7806.JPG
IMG_7808.JPG