The LTD has almost all the stats I would like (mahogany body, hard tail, SD pups, neck through). It has medium wear, and upgraded pickups to real SD as well as Sperzel locking tuners.

Are these good quality guitars? My price range is $3-500 so it is cheaper than most guitars I've been looking at, but if its as good as anything else in this range I may as well save the cash.

How does this old LTD compare to say an H-1001?
Last edited by ninjab at Nov 3, 2009,
That's actually one of my main guitars. I got mine for $300 when it was on closeout after the model was discontinued, but it was a $500-600 guitar when it was being made. I love mine, and that's a good price on it, I say go for it.
"Be as radical as reality."
- V.I. Lenin
For $275, that's quite a deal, I'd think.

I checked up on the specs, and you don't tend to find stuff like that until you hit about $800+ guitars.

I'd nab it if I had that opportunity. But, it really depends on how bad the wear actually is.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
yea, the specs seem pretty ridiculous, but that is what ESP's website states

anything to look out for in particular when I go check this out?
Quote by Stereoaxis
That's actually one of my main guitars. I got mine for $300 when it was on closeout after the model was discontinued, but it was a $500-600 guitar when it was being made. I love mine, and that's a good price on it, I say go for it.

whats the neck like on this model?

I have a schecter omen 6 right now and the neck is too thick for my liking, so I'm hoping this would have a thinner profile. Yes? I've set up a meeting, but not till tuesday.
Last edited by ninjab at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by sXe170
TS, do you live in Indianapolis by any chance?

yea good guess, are you selling one of these guitars?
Quote by ninjab
yea good guess, are you selling one of these guitars?

No but I did see the ad for it while browsing one day on craigslist. It's a pretty good deal, I'd go for it.
how does the H-302 compare to say an H-1001? Stat wise the H-302 is better after the upgraded pups and tuners, as it is neck-thru instead of the H-1001's set-neck, but how do they compare by wood quality and craftsmanship?
bought this guitar, loving it. I think the neck is as good or better than the H-1001, and it looks very nice (trans black). I'm not in love with the pickups, I think it is a classic 5 in the bridge, doesn't give the greatest metal tones, but certainly better than what I was using before.