Hey guys, I just took the back off of the amp to look at the guts for the first time and I decided to play it. I was surprised that I liked the sound more with the back off, it seems a lot less compressed into the little cab, the sound escapes easier and sound better over all imo.

Has anyone tried this on theirs and what were your thoughts?
Thanks in advance for responses & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
You're exactly right - IMO little cabs sound horrible with closed backs, particularly if they're made out of inferior wood, which just exacerbates the problems. Opening the back will give you a fuller and more three-dimensional tone - as you've found out - but you might notice the loss of some low end tightness and projection.
Even if it's just a little amp it'll sound great through a bigger cab - have you tried running it through your Orange?
Quote by Rock Pig
You're exactly right - IMO little cabs sound horrible with closed backs, particularly if they're made out of inferior wood, which just exacerbates the problems. Opening the back will give you a fuller and more three-dimensional tone - as you've found out - but you might notice the loss of some low end tightness and projection.
Even if it's just a little amp it'll sound great through a bigger cab - have you tried running it through your Orange?

Yeah I love the amp, it's great.

Sounds great alone, and HUGE through my cab.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Is it possible to plug other stuff into the speakercab of the AC4TV combo? I have a head and I was thinking of getting a cab, but it would save space if I had an AC4TV and could also hijack it's speaker(I'd swap it out for something else - unloaded cabs are still pricey)