This is a piece im working on for my 4th year high school composition and its my first attempt at putting drums along with other instruments. Its not finnished yet but some critique would be appreciated just to guide me where it might be going tits up!

Ive added a newer version of my piece, lots of thanks to ChemicalFire for re-doing my poor attemps at drums Im not too sure about the transition from bar 26 to 31 and the transition from bar 59 to 60, and from bars 60+ ive used the same drums beats but to another riff.
Attachments:
School Composition (Drums edited) GP5.gp5
Teh Gear

333XL + Orange 2x12 Open Back Cab
- MXR Micro Chorus
>Memory Boy
> MXR Carbon Copy
>Q-Tron +
Into effects loop
- Bad Monkey> Boss TU 3 In front of amp
- BC Rich Exotic Mockingbird
Last edited by Chodegrinder at Nov 6, 2009,
I think all of the riffs were very solid but the drumming was super meh unfortunately :\ I think the drumming in makes it or breaks it, i could really see this as a very awesome song with the right drumming (unfortunately I'm definitely not the person for it, not good with technical drumming in GP/overall :P).

P.S Just some general tips on your drumming, don't forget to use the snare, you used it very min. It really adds "power" imo.
Last edited by 21Fretter at Nov 1, 2009,
I think the main problem with the drums, is the complete lack of snare for half of the song :\

Hope you don't mind but I took a go at changing the drums
Attachments:
School CompositionNEWDRUMS.gp5
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Nov 1, 2009,
Cool the drums sound a lot better now, thanks alot dude
Teh Gear

- MXR Micro Chorus
>Memory Boy
> MXR Carbon Copy
>Q-Tron +
Into effects loop
Last edited by Chodegrinder at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by ChemicalFire
I think the main problem with the drums, is the complete lack of snare for half of the song :\

Hope you don't mind but I took a go at changing the drums

Much better
How are they gonna find a drummer that can play those kind of double drums, that's what i want to know lol

What age is 4th year.
Quote by zezikaro
How are they gonna find a drummer that can play those kind of double drums, that's what i want to know lol

What age is 4th year.

Im not bothering about finding a drummer to play it, its just a solo composition for school and it will be in Guitar pro format, and 4th year is 15/16 years old.
Teh Gear

- MXR Micro Chorus
>Memory Boy
> MXR Carbon Copy
>Q-Tron +
Into effects loop
It makes me want to spew everywhere, but at the same time bang my head off. I reckon with the atonality and shit you could call it Math Death (Meth?) Metal or something. Sounds cool though.
I don t think it's really that great, it's basically 90 bars of 8th notes and strange drumming. If you want to write heavier stuff like Death Metal, you have to put drums first.
The different time signatures thing sounded too forced and you NEED good drums to make things like these work.
The only riff that really packed some punch was the first one. Why not write something like this?
Attachments:
School Composition (Drums edited) GP5.gp5
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by thorbor at Nov 9, 2009,