how did you do those drums? the cymbals are a little overpowering, the bass drum doesn't have enough compression, the rythym guitars aren't clear enough at times, the snare is too muddy - it doesn't CRACK enough (this can be solved with EQing and compression)
that instrument at 1:20 (bass, I think?) is clipping (I suggest taking away some high frequencies there), but the playing and arrangement is tight as hell.
Oh, and you can hear the metronome/klick peeping during the quiet parts. is that intentional?

How are you recording all of this? that would help to know.

crit back?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224068
the drums are addictive drums , i agree about the cymbals i COMPLETELY forgot to fix that , i'll add more compression to the kick drum and yer i agree with everything you're saying basically
i didnt notice the click track though that isn't intentional
I'm using cubase sx3
and i'll crit back right now
lucky for you , theres pretty much nothing wrong with your track spirals uzamaki mix 2 , it's like crystal clear. I'm not here to crit the song itself but i'd say the intro is a bit long but you know it's all opinion so ignore that haha
Quote by professorlamp
lucky for you , theres pretty much nothing wrong with your track spirals uzamaki mix 2 , it's like crystal clear. I'm not here to crit the song itself but i'd say the intro is a bit long but you know it's all opinion so ignore that haha

would you mind posting that in the thread? that way it gets bumped when people have something to say about it
thanks
and yeah, the intro is abit long, but don't forget there are vocals that are going to be added to it. it'll seem much shorter then.
tbh, I'm struggling with the same problem atm. My snare lacks "crack" as well. But what I can suggest is using a compressor on your snare. there are many free VST compressors around that have "snare" presets, but the multi-band preset on Cubase SX3 sucks, at least with EZDrummer, which I'm using. Might wanna try it out anyways, it may work with yours.
EZdrummer? i tried that and didn't like it , you should try addictive drums, theres like 4 different kits with loads of fdifferent velocities all sampled from real kits with loads more options and choise , theres a free demo on there site but it only has a kick , snare and hi hats
I know, people keep on telling me how much EZDrummer sucks, but tbh it sounds pretty cool with my stuff, so why change it?
if it's good enough for Meshuggah and Devin Townsend, then it's good enough for me.
I think the reason why so many people dislike it is because every kid with a 7-string uses it to make horrible Meshuggah-rip-off songs, but I think my stuff is definately not like that
Conceited? a bit
I can't do ANYTHING about that click track though , i recorded that bit with a borrowed guitar so theres no chance but i fixed most other things , not too sure on the sound of the kick drum now though
just using a Line6 Toneport UX1 and line-in recording. I was just wondering how that Cubase click got on the recording at all. You really gotta watch external noise when recording with mics.
ok the new clip is up , so give it your all
and also my headphones bleed like a woman seriously trheres no real point in them they're not proper studio headphones i might have to invest and get some and also start using commas...
well the cymbals are definately alot better on this one, but the kick and snare are still hella weak. I recommend trying out Izotope Ozone.

Aquire it, it's tits, and will really improve your recordings (even though it eats up RAM like a bitch)

But this new recording is still loads better, just have to fix that bass and snare. The side-stick sounds pretty good, and for some reason during the clean section, the snare sounds good as well
I dunno, but that Izotope plugin has greatly improved my recordings. give it a try.
hmm odd...
well i noticed the rhythm guitars are still a bit quiet on some bits , but to be honest im not gonna polish a turd i'll just remember all this for next time when im doing another song.
I had izotope ozone but it wouldn't work! everything loaded fine but non of the text on buttons showed up so i didn't have a clue what i was doing, really weird problem , are there any similair products?
Nah, it's still a fine track, I'm just nit-picking.
And about ozone, I wish I knew!
I barely started recording 4 months ago, I'm still a newb as well.