Here's the issue, I've been having bad problems adjusting my floyd since the day i got it. The last time I had strings on my Jem they were the normal .10s but now I am so used to heavier strings I just wanted to put bigger strings on.

So i found a set I really liked .11 .15 .24 .30 .42 .54. I really like the way they sound and are just the right size, so now back to the problem.

Since i want to throw heavier gauge strings on it's going to pull on my floyd more so it will be lifted quite a bit. In the picture i have here though I don't have any more room to tighten the springs. I even added another just for .10 gauges. What could i do to fix this problem? I got a show in a week so all help is much appreciated!

Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Add another spring if the back of the trem is still pointed up in the air.

Don't worry about the cover for the spring holes; it's not really necessary.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Yeah it doesn't really do much besides 100% ensure that they never fall off. But the chances that they fall off are probably less than anybody except steve vai would have a problem with.

Springs are fairly cheap btw.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Yeah I bought a pack of them. Are there tighter springs out there? because the extra spring felt like it did nothing.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
Yeah I bought a pack of them. Are there tighter springs out there? because the extra spring felt like it did nothing.

I've heard there are, but FloydUpgrades only has noiseless springs =/ for some reason I thought they were higher tension...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Ima try em .

While I'm on here I figure I'll ask another question.

My Jem has a Licensed Floyd on it. It's a rather old Jem too. 89 I think. But is it just as good as the Original Floyd Rose or am I missing something?

Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
The added thickness of the coated, noiseless springs might do, actually.

And what you COULD do is put an OFR in it, and get a longer trem block from FloydUpgrades which should increase the pull of the springs even more

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Is there a big difference between what I have and an OFR though? I mean a Jem from what i know is a quality instrument and they wouldn't just put some shit floyd on there would they?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I'm assuming that since it's a higher-quality Jem, there's either an Ibanez Edge, or Lo-Pro Edge. Both are exceptionally good trems, easily capable of standing up to the OFR.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
They shouldn't, actually. I was surprised to see that it says LFR O.o Do you know the exact model? It looks like it might be an Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge, which is a damn nice trem (I don't know what I was thinking earlier). You can get a replacement block for them too The block should increase warmth and sustain quite a bit. The bigger the better

Stupid name.

From what I'm reading, its an Edge Pro.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Is that much different than the Lo-Pro Edge? Is it worth getting a Lo-Pro or OFR?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
The bridge on that is a lo-pro, which is arguably better than an OFR because of the locking studs. You can also get stiffer spring too. My friend has silver and black springs in his RG350 and the black springs seemed to be substantially stiffer.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II