now i want a telecaster that i can play some metal on, nothing brutally insane etc no death metal or slipknot and stuff

but i want it to be able to still pack a punch

im thinking of maybe the john 5 telecaster

or maybe the squier vintage modified tele SH

im looking at low priced stuff because i really dont spend much on guitars, others may think this is the wrong way to go about it etc but personally i cant justify forking out anything more than 350 quid for a guitar right now.

so yeah, suggestions wanted =]
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
As someone who uses a tele mainly, if anything your amp is going to be holding the punchiness back, because a bridge single-coil can be pretty damn punchy if EQ'd right.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Well if you wanna dish out more than 350 quid (lawlz. Funniest currency name there is) Then you should look at the Fender FMT HH Telecaster. Mahagony body, set neck, And Seymour Duncan Humbuckers. Its a bad ****in tele. Or if you even want to throw out more, the Jim Root sig is the same but with EMGs and a Flat finish. They are both excelent guitars.
would say that squier i mentioned be okay for its bridge pup if eq'd properly? and i suppose in the mid position combining the humbucker with the single i could get a more powerful tone...

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Aye, I do suppose it may, but that still has the issue of your amp, the old pre-series-4 MG's, while the series 4 MG's actually do sound sort of alright for the price if EQ'd well, the old ones like yours will not crunch, it will fizz.

Also I don't really think that's how pickup selection works.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 1, 2009,
i dont actually have that amp anymore i just havent updated it in a while, and what i meant was, if the bridge SC wasnt getting the full tone i wanted then i could put it in mid position and get some beef from the neck humbucker aswell, because in mid position id be using both the pickups on that guitar

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Ah. Well, what amp do you have then?

well since i really only play to myself right now and have no desire of playing guitar in a band in a looong time, im already vocalist in one, i just use a crappy peavy backstage amp on clean, through my overdrive pedal.. and i really like the tone i get from it so i wont be steering away from it anytime soon cuz im quite happy with it lol

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995