It's me again. I've posted a thread or two asking what are some good amps in the $200-300 range. I believed modelers were ok, until I plugged in. They sound more like shit than they did when I started playing (the insane amp on the spider makes me want to rip my eyes out and put them in a blender.)

So I put a squier into a blues deluxe, and was completely blown away (the whole 'cheap guitar sounds good through a good amp' deal.) I also played through a couple of different great guitars, like semi-hollows and tele's. I found out that this is the amp I want, and will buy pedals to use for distortion.

Seeing as I didn't have any money on me (and the amp is waayy out of my range right now i didn't buy anything. On Halloween I jammed with a friend. I played on his mexican strat on my amp (crate gx-15,) and it blew my epiphone junior out of the water. so, I have a few questions:

Should I upgrade my guitar to one that I will play for years, and then save up for a blues jr when I get a job, or do the opposite?

Will the blues deluxe take metal pedals/distortion/overdrive/other effects well?

I'll post anymore questions up here.

Thanks,

Virx67
The guitar makes music. The man makes the guitar.

Gear:
Epiphone Junior
Crate GX-15
Deltalab chorus pedal

Money sucks.
Last edited by virx67 at Nov 2, 2009,
Well, thats really debatable. i'd say get the amp and pedals. The guitar will do fine with blues jr. The blues jr. also takes pedals very well. So you'll have no problem there.
You could always use his strat. lol

But i'd get the amp.

Thats just me though.
Don't get a Blues Jr. to play metal, it won't work very well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
K. Anyone else?

Gear:
Epiphone Junior
Crate GX-15
Deltalab chorus pedal

Money sucks.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Don't get a Blues Jr. to play metal, it won't work very well.

+1

But definitely amp before guitar, you said yourself crappy guitar + good amp = better tone.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Ok. Well, what about getting one to play some hard rock on it?

Gear:
Epiphone Junior
Crate GX-15
Deltalab chorus pedal

Money sucks.
Last edited by virx67 at Nov 1, 2009,
Could someone reccomend a good tube amp that does good cleans and distortion?

Gear:
Epiphone Junior
Crate GX-15
Deltalab chorus pedal

Money sucks.