...a new amp. I feel good in the guitar department, and the pedal department, but I've recently discovered the awesomeness of running two amps at once.

So, I'm looking for:

• Very, very, very good clean channel. I mean, warm, sweet, delicious cleans. Not too bright, and not dark, just nice and warm. Must be versatile. I play everything from Gillian Welch to God Speed! You Black Emperor. So, versatility is a must.
  • ≥ 30 watts. Clean headroom for unmiked gigs of 200-ish people. Basically, it has to have enough horsepower.
  • Preferably two channels.
  • The dirty side preferably would be good. Most cover on the edge of breakup to full-on rawk. Not that heavy, but handling modern shoegaze levels of gain, I guess. Not the brootulz, but, still plenty of dirt would be nice.
  • Cheap. I know, this is tough, but <$700. I am willing to buy used, for sure. Would prefer it really.
  • Will take combo or head form, although if it's a head, I'd need to factor in the cost of a cab.
  • Effects loop would be handy
  • Reverb would be handy, but not a big deal.

I've been checking out the Bugera V55 and 333XL, and a Mesa F-30/F-50. Considering a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and relying on pedals for my dirty tone. Otherwise, I'm pretty lost.

I play a lot clean stuff, and lots of fuzzed up indie stuff. Not to mention, lots of classic rock. So, this amp has to be versatile. Very versatile.

Thanks GG&A.

PS: I'm using a modded Vox AC15 right now. Great cleans, I'm afraid it doesn't have the horses for bigger gigs, and it's single channel.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Nov 1, 2009,
Hmm... I'm thinking bigger Vox w/ OD pedal? Or most good Fenders.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Like the AC50 or AC100?

I was looking at those a while ago, but never got a chance to play one in person. I've heard they don't have really good cleans, and the gain channel is meh.

Maybe the Fender Super Sonic?
sounds like you would like a red bear mk 120 if you can find one
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Mitchell?
Like the AC50 or AC100?

I was looking at those a while ago, but never got a chance to play one in person. I've heard they don't have really good cleans, and the gain channel is meh.

Maybe the Fender Super Sonic?

AC30? Seems like it would be a good option. Fender HRD would also be good I think.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Nov 1, 2009,
I'm thinking the Mesa F-30 or Fender Hot Rod Deluxe would be best. The F-30 does have a better dirty channel though. And, I've played both of these amps.

The AC30 would be too similar to my AC15 IMO, and Red Bear's are hard to find.

Another other suggestions?
why sohuld something being hard to find stop you? haha. im just saying. you might as well troll craigslist. i would almost bet you would like it better than the mesa.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
go with the f series. i have two friends (one who happens to be in my band) has the f-50s and they kill. loud enough to compete with the 6505+ ,and mesa 4x12 and also has smooth cleans and really nice reverb
Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Peavey 6505+
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
-
Morley Little Alligator Volume
Line 6 FM 4
Line 6 DL 4
Boss DD-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer Turbo
Boss TU-2

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I have seen a Red Bear occasionally on CL, so I guess I won't discount the Mk 120, but if I can't find one to test, I can't buy one.