Hey everyone!

I have a replica of JM's "The Black One" for sale. I have it listed on eBay right now, but I'd rather make a deal privately that way I can avoid eBay fees (getting a little ridiculous).

All parts were purchased brand new and the guitar is currently setup with 10's. Here are the specs:

- WD Lic. by Fender Neck - Vintage Amber Tint - Aged
- 42mm String Spacing - Bone Nut
- Gold Tuners w/ Pearloid Buttons
- Gold Fender Bridge - Same as Mexi/SRV sig - Fender logo on saddles
- Aged Gold Hardware
- Mint Green Plastics - Aged
- 250k Pots w/ 5-way Switch
- GFS Boston Blues Pups

Here are some pics:

More pics:
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/Anaponda/TheBlackOne/

Demo Video:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ogKniT42thI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ogKniT42thI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ebay Link - Clicky

Price is pretty negotiable. Just shoot me an email and we can work something out. I also only accept paypal. Let me know if you have any questions!

I don't really frequent the forums much, so it's best to reach me by email.

Email: steven.kyle@live.com

Thanks!
Looks ****in' sexy.

Free bump.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
and $2000 for a hacked up partscaster with GFS pickups? Try lowering your price by about $1600.
^ Exactly why I don't use these forums for anything but the classifieds. Tough guys like you. Grow the hell up. Being a forum troll is sooooo 2003.

Thanks for the free bump!
ill trade you an epi lp custom with emgs in it
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Sorry man, I've already got way too many guitars! Haha. Thanks for the offer, though.
Quote by Anaponda
^ Exactly why I don't use these forums for anything but the classifieds. Tough guys like you. Grow the hell up. Being a forum troll is sooooo 2003.

Thanks for the free bump!

You weren't here in 2003 . I'm not trolling either, I'm just saying that the price you've got on that thing is FAR from realistic.
Only two out of the seven threads you've made have been in the Gear Ads forum. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it trolling.
Would you not agree that your post was a little uncalled for and childish? I think so.

As I said in my first post - if you dared to read before shooting your mouth off - price IS negotiable.

Also - I have seen other people's versions of JM's relic go for quite a bit more than 2k. I haven't seen any on the market in a while and wasn't really sure what to expect right now. Better to start with a high price and work my way down.
Quote by Anaponda
Would you not agree that your post was a little uncalled for and childish? I think so.

I don't, a little over the top perhaps. It's a partscaster with an average bridge (which isn't the one used on the SRV strat by the way, unless there's an MIM SRV strat? Which I'm not sure about tbh), some aged hardware and cheap pickups.

Quote by Anaponda
As I said in my first post - if you dared to read before shooting your mouth off - price IS negotiable.

But starting it at $2000? C'mon man. (This is per his ebay link that was removed for anyone playing along at home.)

Quote by Anaponda
Also - I have seen other people's versions of JM's relic go for quite a bit more than 2k.

I bet they had alot better specs than yours. You never really specified where the body was from.
Quote by Anaponda
I haven't seen any on the market in a while and wasn't really sure what to expect right now. Better to start with a high price and work my way down.

I'm done.
Hmm...pretty sure there's not a MIM SRV Sig. Just looked that up online and they have a reversed bridge. I swear the sig I played at guitarcenter a few weeks ago didn't have a reversed bridge - weird.

Once again, $2000 doesn't seem THAT far off for me. I've sold multiple (10-15 range) Squier Monterey Pop replica's on ebay for ~$700. This guitar definitely has better specs than a squier. I would consider it to be on par level with an American strat - if not better.

Body is from byoguitar.com. Solid alder. Also, I don't consider GFS pups to be "cheap". Most builders put CS69's in their JM replica's - but they're a little on the thin side. These pups get a lot closer to JM's tone than CS69's IMO.

One more time, price is "or best offer". Take a chill pill, man.
Quote by Anaponda
Hmm...pretty sure there's not a MIM SRV Sig. Just looked that up online and they have a reversed bridge. I swear the sig I played at guitarcenter a few weeks ago didn't have a reversed bridge - weird.

Once again, $2000 doesn't seem THAT far off for me. I've sold multiple (10-15 range) Squier Monterey Pop replica's on ebay for ~$700. This guitar definitely has better specs than a squier. I would consider it to be on par level with an American strat - if not better.

Body is from byoguitar.com. Solid alder. Also, I don't consider GFS pups to be "cheap". Most builders put CS69's in their JM replica's - but they're a little on the thin side. These pups get a lot closer to JM's tone than CS69's IMO.

One more time, price is "or best offer". Take a chill pill, man.

I am chilled, just saying some what looked really off to me. The bridges on the SRV are also American whereas the MIMs aren't.
I saw your painted bodies in your other thread they're really well done and awesome.
What amp are you using on your demos?
Yeah - the SRV thing has me kind of befuddled, haha. I actually took the Sig and compared it with one of the MIM models and they were exactly alike. I thought it was kind of weird because I figured the block in the SRV sig would be thicker than that - guess I was right.

Thanks for the comments on the Monty's! Those were really fun to make. I'm wanting to do some of my own designs but I haven't had a chance yet.

I actually didn't use an amp. I used Guitar Rig to mimic a fendery clean sound and then added a Fulldrive to the signal for the overdrive.

BTW - sorry if we got our wires crossed. Didn't mean to come off as a jerk.
Quote by Anaponda
Yeah - the SRV thing has me kind of befuddled, haha. I actually took the Sig and compared it with one of the MIM models and they were exactly alike. I thought it was kind of weird because I figured the block in the SRV sig would be thicker than that - guess I was right.

Thanks for the comments on the Monty's! Those were really fun to make. I'm wanting to do some of my own designs but I haven't had a chance yet.

I actually didn't use an amp. I used Guitar Rig to mimic a fendery clean sound and then added a Fulldrive to the signal for the overdrive.

BTW - sorry if we got our wires crossed. Didn't mean to come off as a jerk.

Maybe you had it confused with a MIM Deluxe Player's? They're fairly similar looking barre the SRV on the pickguard bit of a longshot though .
Props on your tone and playing, you really nailed it, I never thought Guitar Rig was that great I've never used it.
I didn't mean to come off as a dick either man, good luck selling.
Haha - It very well could have been a Deluxe, but the thing had the SRV sig neck + pickguard. Maybe whoever had the guitar previously didn't like the wider string spacing with the American vintage and switched the trem's out. Who knows?

Thanks for the props. I actually really like GuitarRig for recording. You can really mimic some great sounds without having to go through the trouble of micing your amp and getting levels set right. Definitely worth looking into.

Have a good one, bro!
This thing looks and sounds great! I'm not looking to buy but am curious about the neck (free bump at least :P). What radius, width at nut, fretboard material, neck profile, neck material, etc?
Thanks!

The neck has a:
-12' Radius
- Standard C Shape Neck
- 42mm / 1 5/8'' spacing at nut
- 25.5'' Scale
- Maple w/ Rosewood Fretboard

Hope that answers all your questions!
What about the Monterey Pop Strat Replicas? You said it was from Squier Affinity Series.
Do you still sell them ?