hi, i just restrung my epiphone les paul standard and when i started warming them up 3 strings broke, high E, B, and D (i haven't broken a string in over a year, the strings must have been defective). The next time I can get strings is about 20 hours...

should I leave the other strings on or take them out.. also how damaging will this be to my guitar?

*i dont have anymore strings, I wont be able to get any until tomorrow
Last edited by chris461 at Nov 1, 2009,
I usually take the time that I have between stringinga to clean, polish, shine, and just give all around tlc, it could warp the neck, I'd just cut them off

But that's me.

It's quite possible that the strings weren't stretched too
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Last edited by westdyolf at Nov 1, 2009,
Personally I'd clip all strings off and give it a touch up, like the guy above said, clean it and tlc. one day shouldnt kill it, but thats your call.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by chris461
hi, i just restrung my epiphone les paul standard and when i started warming them up 3 strings broke, high E, B, and D (i haven't broken a string in over a year, the strings must have been defective). The next time I can get strings is about 20 hours...

should I leave the other strings on or take them out.. also how damaging will this be to my guitar?

*i dont have anymore strings, I wont be able to get any until tomorrow

Either way wont effect the guitar in a noticable way ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

as long as the neck isn't resting against anything I think it would take quite a long time to make any sort of difference
before you put on the new strings check the saddles for sharp edges

20 hours isn`t going to make a difference.