So I've had this old rocker acoustic sitting around for a while so I figured I might as well paint something cool on it, and i thought the cover of silent circus by between the buried and me would be pretty cool on a guitar, so here goes.

taped up

blue/purple fade painted on

black added

stencil cut and on guitar

and here it is finished and strung up

I did this in a total of maybe 4 hours tonight, including prep, paint, then stringing it back up (gotta love the airbrush). Now its tuned up to open Dm so let me know what you think. sorry for massive pics.
Last edited by Shashing at Nov 1, 2009,
You should've painted it all black and then taped off the stripes and painted them. It would've made the lines look much cleaner.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Cool acoustic but show us more of that rocking strat you've got there. Awesome indie rock paint job.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

^forget the damned strat, show us some of that there vinatagey guitar at the bottom!
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by blindsagacity
^forget the damned strat, show us some of that there vinatagey guitar at the bottom!

Forget my own and this guys comment. Show us all the stuff!
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Ok settle down, you'll get to see them all

here's my 1970 silvertone 1445 in the picture

I'll upload a pic of the strat right now.
Quote by jpgilbert701
You should've painted it all black and then taped off the stripes and painted them. It would've made the lines look much cleaner.

I like the messyness of the stripes. Makes it look more real IMO, and not like just a hi-fi super crisp finish.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
I like the messyness of the stripes. Makes it look more real IMO, and not like just a hi-fi super crisp finish.

exactly why I did it that way I dont like the look of super crisp lines on things like this, it loses alot of personal touch. But anyways, heres the strat as promised.

and a little bonus i haven't gotten around to posting

This acoustic belongs to my girlfriends dad, it's a seagull he's owned from the 80's, im just happy i didn't screw up painting this one
you painted a damned seagull? not cool
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Hey to be fair, she decided to take a paintbrush to it like 7 years ago.. lets just say it resulted in him not letting it be seen in public until now:P
lol, i really don't care. All I'm saying is if I had a seagull I'd never paint it. But at least you did a nice job on it
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

It looks like kids painted the strat, but in a good way. What kind of stuff do you play with it?
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by Calvero
It looks like kids painted the strat, but in a good way. What kind of stuff do you play with it?

Haha thanks, I usually play some hendrix (figures ), some weezer or anything else tuned in Eb really.