I was wanting to know if the PRS SE Custom or Singlecut were good for the music I play.
i generally play stuff like lamb of god, the sword, Opeth and tool but i also play not so heavy stuff like the black keys, wolfmother and audioslave. I am playing through a Line 6 Spider 2 75 watt *raises flame shield* but am probably going to try to upgrade to a Peavy valveking or i need amp suggestion for the type of music i play.
thanks for any help
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
I think a prs would be great for what you play. I have a PRS Santana SE, and i play everything from Children of Bodom to John Mayer on it, so they are very versatile, and very metal at the same time.
R.I.P foREVer
Pretty much anything with humbuckers can do metal.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Killswitch94
I think a prs would be great for what you play. I have a PRS Santana SE, and i play everything from Children of Bodom to John Mayer on it, so they are very versatile, and very metal at the same time.

alright i was just iffy on it cause i see lots of metal guitarist playing esp
Willie Adler and alexi lahio and such
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
prs in my experiences playing one are amazing! they are good for Death metal and various others as well, amazing cleans!

though look a lil deeper for amps, a valveking is like what 500 bucks? bugera has a couple of 212 amps in that range with much more gain.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by ibanez_2892

yeah, trust me they can stand up, and handle metal. Valveking's are very nice too. I would keep looking around for amps though. The Valveing's are great, but there are some other amps at your range that are better.
R.I.P foREVer
The PRS Paul Allender sig is really cool looking.

but if they are anything like the Tremonti SE, IMO stay away, or at least try before you buy. I hated the one I played.

EDIT: oh and also the guy from Anthrax uses a PRS, so I guess that;s pretty heavy metal?
Quote by nivlarama
prs in my experiences playing one are amazing! they are good for Death metal and various others as well, amazing cleans!

though look a lil deeper for amps, a valveking is like what 500 bucks? bugera has a couple of 212 amps in that range with much more gain.

i saw that bugeras were sort of cheaper but i've never played through one and didnt know if they are any good. but if you buy cheap you sometimes get cheap
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
there's a new design coming out soon called the SE Torero. has a floyd and EMGs. i think it's supposed to come out in december or january. if you don't want to wait i think a normal one should do fine, and a pickup change might help. the only bad thing would be the shorter scale, but you might not mind that as much as i do (25" scale, as opposed to 25.5")
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by ibanez_2892

The guitarists from Opeth and Between the buried and me both play PRS guitars.
I havent played the PRS SE but I did have a valveking and it was not good for metal. Some people say it is good for metal when you crank the tubes but I turned it up loud enough to blow down my house and I still wasnt that impressed with it. I would go with the 6505 112 or a Krank Jr Pro instead
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.