Hey guys.

I got a Marshall TSL-100 a little while ago as sort of a rushed purchase from guitarcenter without researching beforehand, and then I found out that it was basically a ticking timebomb waiting to fall to pieces.

Now, because of this I am going to return the amp to guitarcenter, and this should get me around $500 to $700. I am going to use this money to get a new amplifier, but I am really not sure where to look.

What I am looking for

-Tube or (if it is interesting) hybrid
-head (I have a 4x12 cab which i love beyond reason)
-low wattage (around 20 watts)
-something attainable at guitarcenter (I.e. an orange tiny terror would be hard to find)

Kind of sound I want
-good for post-rock
-easily reachable blues-ish overdrive, good rock tone when pushed hard, jazzy cleans

I was thinking maybe a vox night train, or maybe one of the new improved epi blues juniors. No egnator please as I have had very bad experiences with them in the past.

Gear I own:
-for guitars I largely use my tele and LTD (with passive pickups)
-My effects are a phase 90 and a fuzz face
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by JayLacelle
mabye even a vox ac30 would be good...depends what sound your going for

I think the AC30 is out of his budget, I would recommend either the Vox AC15 or the Vox Night Train, depending on the kind of distortion that you want, I would really recommend that you try out both of these amps as they're both insanely awesome and fit what you're looking for.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
egnater rebel 20 sounds perfect for you. its 20 watts, a head, and available at guitar center.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

or a nighttrain
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

Quote by kranoscorp
Hey guys.

I got a Marshall TSL-100 a little while ago as sort of a rushed purchase from guitarcenter without researching beforehand, and then I found out that it was basically a ticking timebomb waiting to fall to pieces.

Now, because of this I am going to return the amp to guitarcenter, and this should get me around $500 to $700. I am going to use this money to get a new amplifier, but I am really not sure where to look.

What I am looking for

-Tube or (if it is interesting) hybrid
-head (I have a 4x12 cab which i love beyond reason)
-low wattage (around 20 watts)
-something attainable at guitarcenter (I.e. an orange tiny terror would be hard to find)

Kind of sound I want
-good for post-rock
-easily reachable blues-ish overdrive, good rock tone when pushed hard, jazzy cleans

I was thinking maybe a vox night train, or maybe one of the new improved epi blues juniors. No egnator please as I have had very bad experiences with them in the past.

Gear I own:
-for guitars I largely use my tele and LTD (with passive pickups)
-My effects are a phase 90 and a fuzz face

How did you find out this ? ...

Did someone tell you that marshalls are shit and now your buying a new amp ????
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Don't trade it into Guitar Center - you'll get more selling it on the street or in a gear forum.

wait...

I'd give the Blackstar HT5 a good look. Night Train was cool too.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by Tatsumaru
How did you find out this ? ...

Did someone tell you that marshalls are shit and now your buying a new amp ????

I looked onto harmony central after I got it and found out that the output transformers pretty much explode after pushing the tubes. Almost every single review of the TSL 100 is negative.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
I too have heard that if the gain on the clean channel is on max and the volume is on max,it shits itself.Wouldn't sell it based on that though.Who ever has it set like that anyway?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
If that ever happens then you return it under warranty ...

Do you like the sound of it?

Im sure theres a millions units out there that work perfectly fine.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Couldn't you just return it and get your whole money back?
And then buy something better?

But why do you want to get rid of it?
Have you had any problems with it yet?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i think the nighttrain or rebel would sound better anyways
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

Quote by JesusCrisp
Couldn't you just return it and get your whole money back?
And then buy something better?

But why do you want to get rid of it?
Have you had any problems with it yet?

That is what I am hoping, but I have had it for around a month so I am not sure they would allow me to return it. I got it used for $700, so I think that if I cant return, I can trade in for $500.

But I have had problems with it. The first day I got it it would not output any sound (but for some reason it worked the next day), and the channel switching is erratic at best.

But again, no egnater please. I owned a rebel 20 in the past, and it worked even worse than my marshal
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke