Hi guys...

ive been using ZOOM GX1 for a while now....since im a beginner, i dare not buy separate stomp boxes yet...

recently, i had an opportunity to try out VOX wah pedal. The sound from the wah pedal was so much better than the built in ZOOM....

is it normal or theres a setting to the ZOOM that i have missed out....

please advice...thank you !!...

also, what should i get for a basic stomp box setup....i play mostly heavy metal, rock and blues !!!......

thank you !!!
first, of course the vox wah is better those units are meant specifically for wah...the zoom is just a bunch of cheap effects packed into one.

second, pedal board setups vary as much as the musicians themselves. OD/distortions are included in most but other than that just buy what u would use.
Well what amp are you playing into??? because then that will help us deicde what pedals we need to recommend you.. along with your budget if you have one.. But for metal & blues & rock.. i'd say a wahh pedal of some sort... a chorus pedal... Delay pedal.... If you don't have built in reverb.. then a reverb pedal..
thanks for the reply guys....

currently im using Marshall MG....just for practice....

I think ill try out with a distortion and wah pedal first, then ill get the others...or is it a must for me to get the delay, reverb, noise reduction and all the other stuff....?

sorry for all the newbie questions....im really new to stomp boxes....ive read about the signal chain, but only state what u must have in a signal chain. What if i skip the signal chain and only get the distortion and wah pedal....is that alrite ??

thanks again....