I have only a couple of frets that are dented and worn and buzzing on my Jackson, just my 14th and 15th under the B string. Could I replace just those two frets and file them a bit to match the others? They are Jumbos, I don't know if they would need crowning afterwards?

I read in another thread that a refret can cost $300? Surely it must be cheaper than a new neck...its a bolt on so would a new neck be a better idea than a refret?

Also can you buy just two or 3 frets and how much would it cost ? Any Idea what a tech might charge for just 2 frets if I bring my neck to Toronto next month?

Thank s
you buy a length of fretwire, not individual frets. Order from warmoth, general consensus is they have nice fretwire.

IDk what fret measurements you would need exactly though.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
If you haven't done this already, then do a re-level on your frets. That would probably solve the problem.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by Tempoe
I have only a couple of frets that are dented and worn and buzzing on my Jackson, just my 14th and 15th under the B string. Could I replace just those two frets and file them a bit to match the others? They are Jumbos, I don't know if they would need crowning afterwards?

I read in another thread that a refret can cost $300? Surely it must be cheaper than a new neck...its a bolt on so would a new neck be a better idea than a refret?

Also can you buy just two or 3 frets and how much would it cost ? Any Idea what a tech might charge for just 2 frets if I bring my neck to Toronto next month?

Thank s
It it's slight, level all the frets. If the problems with these two frets is severe, but the rest of the frets are nearly new, replace the two frets, level to match.

then crown, dress, and polish.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.