http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Schmidty8890/

This a guitar-based pop song, essentially, and it's about finding out what's really important to you. I play everything you hear, which is my Epiphone Acoustic, my MIM Jazz Bass, my MIA Telecaster, Zoom Drum Machine, and my voice.

I'd really appreciate any feedback. I've been playing guitar for about 2 and half years, singing for about 1 year.

Thank you for listening!
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Last edited by Schmidty8890 at Nov 2, 2009,
This is really cool! I like the vocals a lot. I have nothing negative at all to say about the song, performance or singing. The production is really clear. I would say that the vocal mic needs some space though. I'm not sure what it needs, but it's a bit closed in sounding. Great stuff.

-andii
I just posted another mix, with the vocals a bit louder and redone in places. I think that might resolve that vocals sounding closed. Thanks for the feedback.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Sweet song dude. Great chords and progressions, like the tone. The harmonies at around 1:10 were very nice. Bass was great, some really good lines in there. Vocals are also pretty great, some of the better vocals I've heard on UG. Drums were fine but I couldn't here them very well, and they seem like muffled or something. Very Beatlesy, but with a modern kinda sound. Good song.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Very indie feeling to me, probably because of the acoustics, I might change the rhythm/tempo though, the melody's and arrangement work well, but the tempo doesn't change significantly in the first part. I might try slowing down in different spots in the first part as well as the interlude part in the middle.

I might also mess with more electric guitar, it could fill the sound up a little bit.

C4C?:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224536
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
this was really good man! the only thing id say is maybe in the verse i'd chill the bass out and not play so many notes, would give it abit more of a relaxed pace, it's quite a chilled out song so i don't think it really needs the forward pushing drive that its got at the moment.
there are some really nice bass parts though, remind me of blur!

i think could deffinately benefit from some back vox!
great song though!

have a listen to mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225823
Can't think of much to say, maybe needs a key change or a tempo change.
Only because it gets repetetive at times.
I like the sound of it though, well done!
nice job man! i agree catharsis in that this is a chill song but its still upbeat enough. im liking those harmonized leads. makes me think of surf music haha.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Awesome stuff, man! I really dug it, especially the basswork.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
The vocals on this song are awesome. Nice work with the bass too, I like how it all comes together.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Hey athere, sry about not returning the favor for the crit on my song - but for some reaosn on this laptop I can't get the UG profile mp3 players to work. For some reason it just won't start the mp3's, yet mp3's from like myspace etc, still work for some reason. Do you happen to have this song uploaded elsewhere so that I may give it my two cents?

Thanks again for the crit!