Which do you think is a better pick? The Standard Elite AX or the or the Elite TX? Am an electric player which goes for rock and jazz, and does the absence of the resonance holes in the lower part of the guitar affect it's sound?
i suggest you try them in order to decide. the only ovation i ever loved is the al dimeola model, which has wonderful sound and a very fast neck, which has a different profile than the other ovations i've played.

you mention you go for rock - are you hoping that ovations sound like solid body electrics?
Quote by tacaco1000
...does the absence of the resonance holes in the lower part of the guitar affect it's sound?

The round, plastic-backed body has a much bigger effect on the instrument's sound than the location of the sound holes, so that should be your first concern. The effect of the non-standard sound hole position is secondary.

The only way to decide which model is better for you is to play them. We can't judge what type of sound you will like or dislike and opinions of Ovation guitars are as polar as they get.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Nov 2, 2009,
I have an elite TX, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if something happened to it. The sound is amazing, & the neck is fast.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Quote by badassasaurus
I have an elite TX, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if something happened to it. The sound is amazing, & the neck is fast.

The same goes for my Elite-T (shallow bowl) and Balladeer (deep bowl).

I have the Elite-T, USA made, shallow bowl. I love it. It sounds VERY different from other Elites due to its textured top. I have read the the T also sounds different from the newer TX since the texture on the TX (imported) is thicker than the older T (USA) model.

Definitely play them both if you can.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77